ID:109750

By Katoma.

Seeing as how Fugsnarf so graciously used some of his money to get us a membership for our team, first and foremost, I want to thank him.

Now, for those of you who don't know, this key represents the team of "Project TH", you could just call us TH-Productions.

You may know some of us, including:
Latoma (aka: Katoma), myself
Fugsnarf of Megaman Files,
Axerob of "Narutard" infamy,
Ninjafro for his work,
Zane444 for his Pixel Work,
and we're currently looking into DungeonDan's abilities.

Project TH, or "Twilight Herald", is a project meant to bring a fantasy world of great depth to BYOND, something unlike anything BYOND has seen to date, or so we hope.

"Twilight Herald" is, for all purposes, meant to be an MMO scale game. Large worlds, a large variety of monsters (with hopefully few pallet swaps), all in isometric Pixel Art in order to bring the depth of this world to reality, to give you the feeling of just how tall the trees are, to give a feeling of how immense the monsters and spells truly are.

The game itself is split into five "Chapters". Each story is much like early Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy games. You are given a degree of choice in certain things (which can and will effect certain scenarios). But otherwise your characters are mute, because YOU are the Hero, and it's your story to control/tell.

Gameplay can be done solo (a system will be planned out to accommodate this), but those who work in a party will recieve greater benefits (often more Exp and more loot to use).

Leveling will be controlled by a "Power Grind" prevention system.

By next week I'll be reposting info that was once on this blog, which contains detailed information for you all. This was removed seeing as this key had little traffic before, but will be reposted over time to give people things to think about related to the game rather than spoil a mass of the game at once.

Also, if anyone has any questions for gameplay, minor story events, or about the team (including offering assistance with Pixel Art), comment to this post, and your questions will be answered in Preview #2.
Looking forward to it. What a motley crew!
We've already begun work on it, I'd post bases and stuff, but I'll save that for updates 3+.
I can assure that this project is well on its way.
Lol, don't bother with posting things like bases or title screens.

Show us stuff we've never seen before. We all know you guys probably have an awesome base, and it's not that hard to create.

Blog about more interesting stuff, like some footage of those "immense spells" you claim will be in the game, or a more detailed description of the "Power Grind" prevention system. Things like that would be exciting to read about as opposed to a post about a base.
I would join your team if there's any space left :P.
@Empirez:

Quite frankly the Power Grind prevention is a simple system. Classic "you don't gain levels off of grunts this much weaker than you". There's only so much you can improve beating up Squirrels who drop money (and sometimes swords and shields).

As for the spells/monsters, that will be after we finish the base. As it stands now, we're reworking it, and then we're going to add basic full states to it (including punching, kicking, slashing, reading), then advanced states, the base will be massive by the time it's done..

The game is still pre-Alpha. However most real games that get announced often do announce in the same phase, as soon as there is a team setup and the company involved agrees it's a viable setup.

The theme of this game is a "Realistic Fantasy", what happens applies within a feeling of realism. Magic itself has set bounds and limits, usually within real physics itself (although bending them at the same time as this is a whole different multiverse).

@ExPixel: Sorry, swore I posted this, and I notice I didn't. Please post your contact info (MSN or Yahoo Messenger address, although MSN Messenger is more convinient for the team).
My email is [email protected]

Hit me up if you're looking for an additional programmer.
We're full on programmers. All we need is 1-2 more PAs, maybe 3. We already got 3 coders as is.
warm and fuzzy feeling inside :D
Speaking of Warm and Fuzzy. This one's for Empire:

Next week's Preview will be offering you a look at the story of Chapter 1, and as an addition, I'll be even giving away one of our design choices: how we plan to work in single player runthroughs, and the advantages (and disadvantages) thereof.