ID:109756

Resolved
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 9.0
Applies to:Website

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When the browser is small enough to get a scrollbar at the bottom, part of the webpage is getting cut off when you scroll to the right, a lot more gets cut off with the smaller you make the browser.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.Open the browser.
2.Navigate to http://www.byond.com/ or any page of BYOND there-in appears to do it.
3.Make the browser small enough that a scrollbar appears at the bottom for you to scroll left & right.
4.Scroll right so you can see or click something that's on the right side of the page.
5.Take note of the big piece of gray that now appears to be covering up the content on the right side of the page, it covers more of the page as the browser gets smaller & smaller.

--However if you keep making it smaller be sure to stay at the right side of the page, thats where the gray appears at & where the content looks like it's cut off/covered by the gray rectangle bar or what not.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
Not Applicable

Expected Results:
To be able to see the webpage completely even though there is a scrollbar, and be able to interact with the whole webpage.

Actual Results:
Content is covered up or hidden by a gray rectangle or what not at the right side of the page making it impossible for you to use the webpage until you make the browser bigger.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Not Applicable
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When the browser window is sized big enough to not have a scrollbar at the bottom.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Not applicable.

Workarounds:
Make the browser window wider so you don't have to scroll left to right.

Additional Information:I found this while docking one browser window to the left of the screen & another window such as code window/game, etc... at the right.

Basically if you want to see another window to stop from being killed in the game, coming to the websites reference pages & having the code up in another window, etc...that's why I use side-by-side.

With it broken it defeats the purpose of doing so because if I have to make it bigger than it is anyways, you won't even be able to see the other window anymore, thus it would be pointless to have it side-by-side & you might as well maximize both windows & keep switching beside them, but if you need to watch the other window or switch between them often, this isn't very good.

EDIT/More Information: Now that I look more closely it appears that if the webpage is small enough to have a scrollbar on the bottom everything thats not in your view(scrolled left) is cut off.

It will only let you see the part of the page thats in view when your scrolled all the way left, when you scroll right even a little bit everything beyond your browsers width is cut off on the right.
This happens to me all the time on my netbook, on any brower i use.