ID:109821

Resolved
The browser control did not always refresh properly inside some panes.
Applies to:Dream Seeker
BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:N/A

This issue has been resolved.
When navigating to a child window with a browser control, the browser control does not get a repaint event so I have to manually send a repaint (css hack) for every navigation. I'm probably in the minority regarding this issue but it's a huge pain when you have 70 some odd windows that you navigate between and most of which have a browser control.

Anytime a child window comes to the foreground, check for a browser control, and tell IE to repaint. Should be easy.

ts

Can you post a demo?
I've tried forcing browsers to repaint, and do many other things besides, in the past. "Should be easy" never really seems to apply to the browser control, but I agree a demo would help.
I'll work on it. "Should be easy". ;)
http://files.byondhome.com/Tsfreaks/ BrowserRepaintIssue_src.zip

Repro Steps:
1. Click Back button
2. Drag the window offscreen and back.
or
Click 'Fix It' which sends the browser a CSS hack to force a repaint.

Expected:
A red web page appears without any artifacts.

Actual:
The browser control doesn't repaint so whatever was in the previous pane is rendered over the browser control.
For the record, by "should be easy", I was a little worried that I might not be able to repro in a reduced environment so I was implying that I too could run into some difficulty. Anyway, just wanted to make sure that didn't come across wrong.
woohoo! Ty!