ID:109966

Keywords: nestalgia
Holy crap. When I sent out emails to a handful of gaming sites this morning, I knew in the back of my mind that getting featured on Reddit and larger sites was possible, but I obviously didn't expect it. Our top priority right now is starting up more game servers to reduce the login spam that's causing all of the lag - NEStalgia usually plays very smoothly.

Anyway, welcome to the game! Please feel free to ask questions, as many of our veteran beta testers are on hand to help new players. You'll also find a ton of information on the NEStalgia Wiki.

If you have any problems with the game, you can comment on this post or leave us a comment on NEStalgia's BYOND hub page. You are also welcome to join the Silk Games Forums to make feature/gameplay suggestions for future releases.

There will be a lot more to say in the coming days, but for now just please be understanding of the fact that we're a group of hobbyist developers doing our best to accommodate a massive wave of players that we never anticipated. I'm definitely not complaining, but bear with us :)

With any luck we'll have enough servers up to meet the demand by the weekend. Thanks for playing!

Follow NEStalgia:
NEStalgia Homepage
NEStalgia Facebook Page
Silk Games Twitter
Silk Games YouTube Channel
I am glad to see good games like NEStalgia to get a mass amount of players. Your promotion has obviously paid off just seeing the sheer amount of players logged on to NEStalgia right now. Not only that, but BYOND now has more members that will either stick with NEStalgia or explore a tiny bit and find some other games of choice. Perhaps even start to develop!
you have 4 live servers, time to change your join live server link ;)
And make all of your servers to be shown on the website: http://www.silkgames.com/nestalgia/live.php

I just noticed an issue. Players counter on NEStalgia webiste doesn't count private players (guests).
that's what you get for making a good game that appeals to a niche audience hungry for new content - lots of interest. it's way too laggy for me to see playing seriously at the moment, but I can see the potential - if it's nice and smooth normally (and it's so laggy now that's actually almost hard to believe) then I'll definitely swing back once the issue is fixed.
We of the Reddit clan would really like to host our own server. What are your thoughts on user run servers?

And, if this isn't possible, would you be able to move the guild to another server? Any plans for inter-server guilds and, perhaps at some point, player saves?
Thanks Matt! Hopefully we'll be through the worst of the lag by the weekend.

Airjoe wrote:
We of the Reddit clan would really like to host our own server. What are your thoughts on user run servers?

I'd allow it for you. If you're going to start it up, you'll probably want to do it soon. I'll have to give myself the ability to appoint admins next update, however. In the meantime I can tweak the server settings etc. to whatever you'd like.
Awesome. Can you page me or e-mail me to discuss further? Airjoe on the pager of course, or [email protected] works.

Thanks!
Dude this is awesome. I always thought it was a shame that NEStalgia was such a great game and the most players I had ever seen was the mid 20s. Now, 245!?!

Congrats! It's well deserved.
The ultimate payback for the Master Dan scenario this summer.
Well then, you've certainly impressed me! Great work on getting in all these extra users!

[Edit] I forgot to congratulate you. Congratulations! Hopefully your success will have a wave effect, and all these new users will branch out into the other featured and popular games.

This is the first step into breathing new life into BYOND by flushing it with hordes of new players. Considering the demographic of the game, I'm betting a lot of those users will be mature people who hopefully become interested in writing their own games with BYOND.

Exciting times!
There's just small problem with NEStalgia site's design. When there is many servers/peoples online this glitch occurs: http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5999/scrnshotq.png
Kisioj wrote:
When there is many servers/peoples online this glitch occurs: http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5999/scrnshotq.png

Thanks for the heads up!

Tiberath wrote:
I forgot to congratulate you. Congratulations!

Thank you! I'm just as surprised as everyone else right now. It's been a crazy day.

Master rla:
The ultimate payback for the Master Dan scenario this summer.

There are definitely a few people around here who are eating some crow right now ;)
By the way: are you still using the PHP function I wrote for you to get information from the BYOND hub? If so, I have a far, far, far, far better one if you want it.
Great job! This is very impressive.
Tiberath wrote:
By the way: are you still using the PHP function I wrote for you to get information from the BYOND hub? If so, I have a far, far, far, far better one if you want it.

You know, I tried to get that setup and I was too clueless with PHP so I had our ever resourceful team member Spiff write one. Thank you though, I appreciate it!
You just got yourself featured on Gameinformer man!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/23/ if-world-of-warcraft-was-an-nes-game-it-might-work-something -like-this.aspx

That is something to be proud of!! That is gonna bring in a ton of people...I wonder if they will put it in there next issue?
I hope that one day when I wake up and see how many players online NEStalgia has, it will show me 4digits number.

PS. There's another glitch, this time in the script (not CSS) on the http://www.silkgames.com/nestalgia/live.php
There is shown incorrect number of players playing the Reddit server (151 Players Online) and each user is listened few times.
Way to go! This is exciting stuff.

ts
You may want to set up a donation button somewhere- someone mentioned they didn't want the subscription (nor did they have all the money to pay for it) but did want to donate a few bucks to you.
Page: 1 2