ID:109977

Resolved
Animated cursors did not actually animate.
BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 10.0.648.82
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Duplicates:id:103999
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Revised
I've ran into a few problems with mouse pointers.

Here is my mouse pointer icon file:
Photobucket
Note that "no" is a single state, the other three are animated.

I had initially set all of the delays to 1. They looped through with a delay, and were rather jumpy. That is, they didn't loop smoothly: jumping from frame 3 to frame 2, r from frame 1 to 3, etc. The animation was not smooth. I don't think they're even displaying at the proper speed. This sometimes gave the appearance of looping backwards

Also, custom default mouse pointers themselves are extremely choppy when not over certain elements. For example, if you're over the title bar. It will blink from the custom pointer to your Windows cursor. The same goes for things like bars, labels, and GUI whitespace. For example, I had "no" set to "", and when ran, the cursor would flicker between that and my Windows cursor when over the aforementioned elements.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Run the Test Project.

Expected Results:
Everything to run smoothly, mouse pointers to appear.

Actual Results:
See summary.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other games?
Untested
In other user accounts?
Untested
On other computers?
Untested

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
Untested

Workarounds:
With an animated pointer over an object, you can click really fast on that object to see the animation.
A demo project would be helpful.
Test project created, and added to the post.

While running the test project myself, I managed to catch a few things that weren't actually BYOND bugs, but problems in the Haz source. I've revised the post itself to exclude everything I ruled out as "my bad". Nobody's perfect. :P
I can't actually get the file.
Fixed.
I can confirm it happening on my computer, though with the same OS and BYOND version.
Although the cursors over other interface elements are a more difficult fix, the animation issue is fixed so I'll close this report. Cursors over other interface elements might be more of a borderline feature request than a bug report anyway, but I'm basically treating this as a report of just the one main issue.