ID:109982

Keywords: article
Promotion Pl0x

Now one can't make a BYOND game and only expect to promote it only on the core site. Sure you may think spamming your game's link in another is great, but it probably won't get you as much feedback as the recent promotional campaign of NEStalgia.

Stop listen, hey what's that sound, everybody look what's goin' down

So you may or may not have noticed the recent player base increase in NEStalgia. From days ago where one would probably not even see 20+ people online they are now seeing 70... 100... 150... all the way up to 259 players (10:12pm EST). Now I don't know if BYOND has ever seen this much influx of players that wasn't an over populated rip (and how does that happen?) or Heroes United by Falacy, but Silk Wizard did something right. And what did he do? Good old promotion "I'll tell ya what". Officially starting with a promotional video for NEStalgia to posts on Reddit and Kotaku people all over the "interwebz" are getting news of NEStalgia and trying it out. However due to this influx of players the servers have become a bit laggy and additional servers have been set up to help clear out the 1 tile per minute walking speed.

SilkWizard's Blog | SilkGame's Blog | NEStalgia's Hub

Help Wanted

So yeah... this place has been like dead... Fugsnarf has obviously discontinued Weekly, and I'm hoping to get someone in here to help with future articles (obviously one better written than this). And of course starting March 1st I'm heading back to interviews! (I have a much awaited / put off one with AC).

I am probably going to edit this later...
I'd be interested in submitting stuff, though I am a terrible writer with a vague grip on the English language. I'm also not a Member so I don't... know how that works.
I doubt it will last, same as when it launched.
I like pie alot
I did not doubt for a second that a little outside advertisement would get as many players as any anime game on BYOND. This should be a lesson for other developers.
Great news!

ts
Yusuke13 wrote:
I like pie alot

This is legitimately a password for something I've used before. It makes me lul that I still use it.
DivineTraveller wrote:
Yusuke13 wrote:
I like pie alot

This is legitimately a password for something I've used before. It makes me lul that I still use it.

Lol that's awesome.
Where do we apply?
you just did
Touche mate ;]

What exactly is the application process?
XLR8ED wrote:
Touche mate ;]

What exactly is the application process?

Since I'm signing back up for a Journalism class for my next year's classes I am trying to get back into this (interviewing Teka this week for some common Q&A he gets..).

Pretty much I just need to know if you have ever written anything that is posted online, and where it is so I can view it.

I also need to see what type of... writing you would be providing!