More updates:

New Features
*Setting light.update_delay to a tick value will allow throttling of light updates for non important light sources (like just visual effects) to aid in better processing

*Added ignore_shade = 1 for fully lit places that will do no processing when in view.

*Added can_shade = 0 for fully dark places that will do no processing when in view.

*There is sorta support for ambient light changes on the fly, but its very slow / not good

Fixes
*Lights that would move faster than light loop could keep up with are now properly negated in their effect

http://pastebin.com/QehBxZBm
dynamic-lighting.dm:52:error: 'gfx/lighting/lighting.dmi': cannot find file
dynamic-lighting.dm:52:error: =: expected a constant expression
You're missin' a file bro.
i've downloaded the lib from FA. but that file isnt included.
In response to Gojan
Gojan wrote:
i've downloaded the lib from FA. but that file isnt included.

You gotta make your own lighting graphic file. There's instructions on how to do that in F_A's library.

My code is to be used to replace his library, not used in conjunction with his library.
Small update, but I'm writing my own modular light engine which improves even more upon the speed of this one, and takes it to an event-based lighting system instead of a loop based lighting system with same visual results!

I'm still trying to solve a shadow cast / opacity problem but other than that, its almost ready!
Page: 1 2