ID:110313

Last week, I introduced the storylines and one gameplay element. This time, I introduce the same, one of which doubles as a gameplay element.
==================================================

First and foremost, last week I left a funny(?) lil question at the end of Preview 2: "Where the fuck are my treasure chests!?"

The answer is: you probably won't find many, if any.

One of my biggest peeves in RPGs, regardless of the idea that it's "Just fantasy, who cares how the chests are there", is that you find chests littered all over the game, dozens of human NPCs along the way, and bar few games, none are opened or empty.

How the hell did those get there?

Well, design attacking aside, Twilight Herald will contain very very few treasure chests. Especially fancy looking ones.

You want a Sword? Yank it out of a carcass' hand.

You want an Axe? Yank it out of the wall, it's still lodged in there.

All weapons can be found lying around, and these spawns will refresh, but often with a different weapon at times. To make it even more interesting, sometimes an extremely rare weapon might spawn.

This should bring the concept of an "immersive fantasy" more at home.

For those of you who love to rub those nice shiny treasure chests, don't worry Metal-Fetishists. You can still find treasure chests in certain dungeons, as well as complete quests to gain access to treasure vaults of towns and castles.
I'm sure some of you are going "Why is the Star of David the TH-Production Key's Avatar?"

What if I told you "that isn't the Star of David"? At least not in the sense that YOU know it.

Introducing the "Seiyrin Shoypu" (Sai-ee-rin Shoi-poo/Sei-ee-rin Shoi-Poo), or "Seiyrin" for short. Although, this version, like the Star of David, is a half-hearted replica of what will appear in-game.

The Seiyrin is the origin of the Star of David. An ancient force that heralds back to the beginning of the first multiverse, it's true name is the "Seal of Balance", one of the 'Ancient Magics' of the Multiverse, the dictating embodiment of the concepts that make up reality.

The Seiyrin itself has appeared in every multiverse, and many have gone so far as to replicate it in hopes of recieving the blessings it normally produces.

This is how, in our multiverse, the 6th multiverse, it became known as the "Star of David". It could be interpreted that this symbol appeared in the mind of a single individual, who was gifted it's original meaning, and with his blessings, others copied, and over time, over hundreds of years, its meaning was lost and it became "The Star of David".

The Seiyrin is known for "balance" in the truest form. For every use of it, there is an equal force of the opposite. When used for Good, an equal force of Evil is produced. Peace and War, Love and Hate, the Seiyrin creates a perfect balance somewhere as a balanced exchange.

In the game, the Seiyrin Represents the balance between the 6 Elements most of the time. This is done by looking at it's 2 main triangles.

Dark-Earth-Water
Light-Wind-Fire

These 6 elements are the basis of many worlds. And the Seiyrin designates balance between them.

In battle, it will appear in a corner of the map as part of your HUD. In battle, the 6 "end" triangles of the Seiyrin may light up. This represents the current concentration of elemental mana in an area.

In normal gameplay, when light and dark for example battle, they will naturally deal evenly boosted damage to each other.

For example, if you hit 130 with a LIGHT element attacking an Earth Element player, it will be (for example) 180 vs a Dark Element. The same case if a Dark Element hits an Earth for 130, they'll hit that Light for 180.

How does this work then?

If the Seiyrin is Light aligned, the Dark element is "overshined", this weakens the darkness, allowing the Light element to still deal bonus damage, but the Dark Element will deal normal damage.

However, what would happen if the Light was cut off?

If the Seiyrin shined in Earth and Water, Light would be cut off, and deal less damage, as it lacks it's bonds with it's brother elements of Fire and Wind.

The Seiyrin system is more complex, as well as it's story. Expect to see the true seiyrin in use, not as a gameplay element, but rather an ability as well.

How will it effect your battle? We'll see in a future preview!

The next "TH Preview" will be on March 20th, and follow every 2nd Sunday after. I will not state what any future previews will be.