ID:110376

BYOND Version:480
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 9.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Duplicates:id:118328
Descriptive Problem Summary:Every 20-60 seconds, the News popup thing pops up and says I've got news but I don't really have news ...

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Login the BYOND Pager

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: You've got news!

Actual Results: You don't have news!

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? each 20-60 seconds or so.
In other games? Pager.
In other user accounts? Pager.
On other computers? No idea.

When does the problem NOT occur? When I go to BYOND > Exit

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) Nope.

Workarounds:

This happens to me, though not nearly as frequently.
Also, the "You've got news!" message appears to be a link, but when you click on it, it just acts like plain text. Not sure if that's in all cases, or just when the news is fake.
Ok, ive been getting this message constantly for the last 10 minutes, every minute. what the hell is going on?
Is your clock way off, by any chance?

I've looked at this before but so far I haven't found any clues as to what would cause something like this.
Nope, no problems at all with my clock.
It was spamming the crap out of me last night too, I got so tired of it that I turned off the sound. May have something to do with people posting so many comments on it.
Although I've occasionally seen anomalous "You've got news!" reports, I've never seen it happen repeatedly nor in any reliable way. I'll need more info to verify.