I just posted version 8.0.6 which fixes a couple of minor issues. At the bottom of this post is a summary of all 8.0.x updates. If you find a bug, please report it.
There are two game modes I'd like to add next: a building mode and an extension of the adventure mode.
The building mode is more of a typical mining game (which is what I had been avoiding initially) where you collect ore, cash it in, and buy upgrades. I'm hoping it'll add some open-endedness that'll keep people interested for longer. I have a decent amount of work done on this mode, but I'm working on it slowly so I can have more bugs in the existing modes fixed before I add a new mode - no sense fighting bugs on all fronts.
The adventure mode extension would be a completely separate thing from the current adventure mode. I'd like to add some more procs to my Sidescroller library to make AI development easier. By adding a new adventure with new types of enemies (and maybe some helpful NPCs) I'll have a reason to create the procs to manage enemy AI.
* Fixed an issue with NPC chat bubbles.
* Made your velocity reset when you enter a game - previously if you had just jumped when a game ended, you'd jump when you joined the next game.
* Fixed issue with lighting - light circle stayed when you returned to the lobby.
* Clear water in water mode when the game starts (otherwise it's an instant win)
* May have fixed a problem where the avatar selection menu wasn't shown when you join a game
* Definitely fixed some runtime errors caused by the avatar selection menu
* NPCs in adventure mode reset when you start a new adventure game.
* #203 - rescue goal and NPCs from previous rounds were never deleted.
* #212 - more runtime errors related to map initialization
* Fixed some problems related to scores that prevented the 3, 5, or 10 win medals from being awarded.
* #209 - runtime errors related to map initialization
* #207 - health is reset when a game begins
* Performance improvements
* #201 - runtime error from water
* #192 - bombs are now available in all modes (they were missing from water and rescue too)
* #196 - alien noise volume reduced
* #199 - frequency of alien sound has been reduced
Copyright © 2017 BYOND Software. All rights reserved.