ID:1104190

Resolved
BYOND Version:496
Operating System:FreeBSD
Web Browser:
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
When a build error occurs in DreamMaker, it does not set an exit status value (I'm assuming it is defaulting to 0), so there is no way to detect failure without checking the output of the build.

Setting a non-zero exit status on build failure would be highly appreciated (I'm setting up DreamMaker in an automatic build system and would rather not have to check build output to determine if a failure occured).
I updated to build 1158 for linux/bsd, and updated it so it should return -1 on errors. Test it and let me know.
Apologies for hijacking this, but are you rigging DreamMaker up to Jenkins CI per-chance? I have a plugin I could share (deployed at Awesomeware) that does some basics.
Tom resolved issue
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
Apologies for hijacking this, but are you rigging DreamMaker up to Jenkins CI per-chance? I have a plugin I could share (deployed at Awesomeware) that does some basics.

That's exactly what I was doing. Are you doing anything particularly special in your plugin?

Edit: oh, that's not a source/download of plugin.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
I updated to build 1158 for linux/bsd, and updated it so it should return -1 on errors. Test it and let me know.

Looks like it's working fine. Thanks!
https://github.com/Stephen001/byond-plugin

There you go. Basically it just compiles, fails the build on errors, unstable on compile warnings, and allows for tool locations for multiple BYOND installs. Should also work with remoting / slave machines.