ID:1104257

This is what I've done so far, 1 forest map, half a base done, some weapon templates, idle for the velocipray base (which are gona be edited in different color, so it stays grey) uh, and the Interface + the Potion icon to go with it.

Numbers and Text files i'll borrow from another project I guess...

I'm doing this alone atm, and I don't know how to
code :D btw, who likes Monster Hunter here? lol.

Edit: Some info about the game; there are no Levels - your stats go up by crafting armor sets from spoils of stronger monsters. The stronger the monsters you kill, the stronger you stats - it's skill based (crafting material can't be traded btw).
+1 Looks excellent! Good luck!
This is art, why didn't you put it in the art section? Nevermind, it was moved.

I like the setup you've done for the interface, seems pretty cool to have that box at the bottom to shuffle through items.
I put it in the off topic cuz I didn't know where game previews went lol.

and thanks.
Updated the post with some boss images and animations, to give an idea of what the game will be.

I think if I find a fast programmer I could get an alpha going sooner than later, with the Interior of the Guild Hall to work as a "lobby" for players to get quests in, and one map for them to hunt in - with 1 or 2 sets of armor and weapons.
I really like the colors on that dragon-ish creature. Seems like its going to be hell animating it though, but maybe i'm just unnaturally slow with that sort of thing.
Lol you're probably right but I'm used to working in big so its ok, plus anything over 192 pixels is done with my trusty digital pen - which makes it 10x easier... It's like painting with a brush.
Looks pretty good. I hope this project actually takes off, and then people stay to finish, or at least make a playable version for the long-haul. I wish you all the lucks in the endeavor for a programmer.
I have to make a public statement, SasukeRavers game Genze District has a base that looks similiar to this one. Why? Because I also made that base, I made it and was pissed that I had to sell it because I REALLY liked it. So I made a 64x64 version, which I'm using in this game (And before this, Dragon Emblem which died and I recycled the icons for this)

So he ISN'T ripping, it's just one of those weird things that happen when two game developers make icons for each other.
MonSTER HUNTER YESSS!!! Is that a Yian Kut Ku? *u*
Very nice work blends well and is easy on the eyes keep it up :)
Monster hunter I miss playing that not many people online anymore....when I fist saw the velociprey I knew it looked familiar.Yuankutku looks identical to its 3d counter part....Will any of the badder wyverns be added?Rathalos or rathian?.....either way looks like this will be amazing game.
ah man that just makes me want to pixelate a Rathalos now
Yes, Monster Hunter fans - Uniteee! lol. I'm eventually going to add all the bosses, yes... But I might change their name to avoid troubles (Oh and they take a while to make if you didn't already guess that much lol).

P.S. I want to thank everyone who was interested in becoming this projects leading coder, I have found a qualified person to take this project hand in hand with me - we are looking to bring out the earliest alpha testable version somewhat next week (Don't expect too much content though)

P.S.S. Those aren't Velociprays, they're Baggys - the ones that put you to sleep. :)

P.S.S.S! We've decided to name the game; Hunting Grounds!
Hohoo NICE, Finally a Byond Monster Hunter Game. Just recently replayed Tri and im Excited for this lols.
[EDIT] YES, Monster Hunter Fans -UNITEE!
Just noticed the Sharpness bar wasn't glowing... Need a whetstone?
Who is the lead programmer? (For curiosity's sake)
In response to Yusuke13
I think it's Zete on his lonesome and that he is requiring a programmer :O!!

Ahh i never mentioned it before but this looks really good :D
This guy is making a different game every other day with beautiful art and does not manage to finish even one. I dont see how he keeps finding these "teams" that love wasting their time.
Doesn't matter. Looks awesome.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5