I was in a funk about writing today, so I decided to take some time off and work on Casual Quest. This update is an unabashed money grab, but it does include some bug fixes and new features.
- Version 1.26
- A new system has been added which allows a player to access a custom character via the card system. After this update, new custom characters will not be accessible when a player joins, but only through the card system. This should solve most of the major problems with custom classes in gameplay. (Note: Custom classes made prior to this update will still use the old system, not the new system. Contact me if you would like to have your custom character switched to the new system.)
- There is now a new (subscriber only) class, the Revolutionary. Unlike the last class I added, this one uses the normal card system, and isn't tied to any special region or wave. Still, the particular combination of cards needed to get it may be rare.
- The dragon enemy's wind projectiles now react differently under certain conditions. If the player is invulnerable, the wind will not push them. If the player has a barrier, the wind will no longer destroy that barrier. (Joram)
- Barriers now behave differently toward certain projectiles, such as spears and swords. They no longer block these melee projectiles, as this was causing bugs. (Joram)
- A minor runtime error was sometimes encountered when non-subscribers answered a card. This has been fixed. (Kai)
I will be considering requests for customs over the next couple weeks. Contact me via email (my key at gmail.com) if you'd like a custom character, and we can discuss the character and pricing. I haven't decided on a price yet, but I'm leaning toward $30 for a custom class, and somewhere around $7.50 for a recolor of an existing class (or maybe a sensible custom icon).
The statistics for number of plays per day is down from its highs in January, but is still strong. I'm guessing this is because all the regular players have seen all the content, and have reached their personal goals. I know I stopped playing daily when I finally achieved a perfect run of 200 waves without dying. The number of unique players continues to grow at a good rate, and subscriptions, though not as strong as two months ago, have picked up a little this last week. I'm sure this is in part due to the multiple volunteer hosts who've made sure that we have around 5 servers up all week. A big thanks to Joram, Kai, Stupot, Sudzzuds, and TheKillerCone. If I notice a particular person is always hosting, I'll often give them a temporary sub (if they don't have one already).
Update 1.27 fixes a bug in the fix for the other bug. Bloody bug. (Scripter)
I've also added a new class that can be accessed by anyone, subscription or not, but only under special circumstances.
We're get'n the band back together!