With the recent site changes, the low number of featured games should be apparent. Please do not expect a reviewer to stumble upon a particular game. This is a volunteer effort. If you think a game should be featured, you will have to take the initiative. Make use of the Submissions forum. =)
I left feedback for a couple games this week, but my schedule and vagueness regarding the games I'd be testing failed to gather enough players. This week, I'll need one person for Unknown Person's tactical fantasy Ultimatum. I'll also need at least a handful of people to to form teams in Asielen's Snow War.
If you'd like to increase the pace, I'm still looking for reviewers.
- The finalists of the 2011 SXSW ScreenBurn Independent Propeller Awards presented by indiePub have been announced. Videos and, in some cases, downloads are available for each game. Consider them your reward for making it through the contest's long name.
- Rampant Games offers an answer to the question What Does a Game Producer/Manager/Leader Actually Do? For some reason, I enjoy comparing it to Cliff Harris' The Perfect Indie Game Company. ;)
- GameTunnel was once a great source of indie game reviews, but the team ceased writing in September of 2009. Indie Game Magazine has bought the site and is in the process of merging the content. They've started a Kickstarter project to fund the redesign and relaunch. In addition to the more tangible pledge rewards, developers may want to take advantage of the advertising.
- Lorien Green is running her own Kickstarter project to fund Going Cardboard - A Board Game Documentary. The goal has been met, but there are over forty days left to go if you'd still like to donate. The Game Professor Scott Nicholson will make an appearance.
- Check out Eurogamer's GDC After Dusk for video interviews. I found them fun and informative enough to seek out Eurogamer's Facebook page for updates.
- I want to be a game developer when I grow up. At least until my multiversal portal opens.
As we know, a certain ear-molesting cheetah made it to GDC this year. Apparently he was too busy for this episode's Free Indie Rapid Fire. The nerve! ;)
Don't settle for a brief mention of activity. Get games featured!