A Miner Adventure

by Forum_account
A Miner Adventure
Use a pick-ax and bombs to dig tunnels and build scaffolding to traverse the caves. Be careful, you'll never know what kind of danger you'll find!
The peoples republic of china wrote:
All of these updates and you still haven't managed to make it so the icons aren't horribly stretched.

You can resize the window to make it smaller so the icons are less stretched. Is that not sufficient?
Huh, it's working now. Maybe I just had to clear the cache...
Career mode looks like a lot of fun. Currently I'm just running around stripping everything, going back and forth nonstop from the ore-buying guy to the shaft, wondering when I'll be able to afford anything. Am I missing something, or is there a way to see how much money you have?
Am I missing something, or is there a way to see how much money you have?

Pressing tab cycles the top HUD display. The first page is health/oxygen, the second page is money/inventory.

Well, whatever you changed in your most recent update happened to reduce the bugginess of moving around, enough so that I could actually play through the entire adventure mode. It was pretty awesome and atmospheric, though seemed short.

I'm glad to hear it's running better. One of the next things I'm going to work on is expanding adventure mode - it was the original mode and is still my favorite, it's just harder to develop content for.

I posted a demo in the comments of the bug report, if any of you want to take a look and verify that you can reproduce the problem in a more controlled program, that might be helpful.
No, because it has to be pixel-perfect for it to look good; which nobody wants to fuss around with.

It would be easier to just make it so icons are always displayed at 32x32 on the map.
Ok, I'll add an option for that in the next update.
I'll probably be posting an update early tomorrow. There are still some issues that I keep saying "this is the patch I'll fix it in" but I haven't been able to track them down. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow morning, take a shower, and figure out what the problem is.

Here's the list of changes I have so far for the next update:
* #223 - popup windows steal keyboard focus so the game wouldn't catch key release events.
* Added note about the Tab key cycling the HUD in the help file.
* Added a key (F4) to toggle icon stretching in the map display.
* Made it reset your health and oxygen when starting a career game. Also made it clear your inventory.
* Fixed the "who" command (previously it showed your name for everyone's icon, whoops!)
* Added announcements in survival mode for when a player is on their last life and when they run out of lives
* Fixed some problems related to the enabling/disabling of lighting effects - most notably when you had lighting off then started a game, the majority of the map would appear dark.
* Fixed the way scaffolding works in survival mode (gravity wasn't being applied to it)

If you find a bug, please post a report on my forum.
I think 'Who' is bugged in multiplayer mode.
A screenshot can be found here: click here!
Not only is the who bug monumentally stupid, but it actually shows the proper icon for each player (in case they have different avatars selected) but shows your name for everyone =)

I just posted the 8.1.2 update which fixes the who command and a bunch of other issues. You can check the forum for the complete list of bug fixes and to submit bug reports.
The unresponsive keyboard input that some people were experiencing was due to a BYOND bug which should be fixed in the next BYOND update. For now you can open the options menu (F2) and lower the game speed or disable lighting, but hopefully this won't be necessary after the next BYOND update.
Well i was wondering to play this game.

Sadly, when i first logged in, host banned me, for no motive.

Well, i have nothing to say about it.
Xadux wrote:
Well i was wondering to play this game.

Sadly, when i first logged in, host banned me, for no motive.

Well, i have nothing to say about it.

Yep, people suck. That's why you can download the game and play by yourself or with friends of your choosing =)
Page: 1 2