ID:110813

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I thought I saw somebody else ask for this somewhere, but, I couldn't find it.

Would be nice if you could change the icon size of grids manually. If that's too complicated to do at the moment, an option for grids so they don't scale to world.icon_size would be nice.

I want to use 16x16 tiles, 16x32 characters, but keep grids in 32x32 sizes.
Sounds confusing. How would a 16x16 icon fit in a 32x32 tile? Automatically place itself 4 times? Or stretch to fit? Or just cover one corner?
One of those methods must be how its already working... but I'm too lazy to test right now =P
Falacy wrote:
Sounds confusing. How would a 16x16 icon fit in a 32x32 tile? Automatically place itself 4 times? Or stretch to fit? Or just cover one corner?
One of those methods must be how its already working... but I'm too lazy to test right now =P

Right now the grid size is whatever the world.icon_size is and if you output an icon with a different size, it makes it fit to the size of world.icon_size.

What I'm asking for is it to not force grid sizes to be the same as world.icon_size so I can output 32x32 (and have the grid display it as 32x32) icons when world.icon_size is 16x16.

Letting grid icon sizes be whatever you want would be best, but a way to make grids have the default BYOND icon size no matter what (32x32) would work also.
Actually this is exactly what I was wanting as well, I knew it'd be screwed up when I tried it, but I had to confirm it was stupid just to make sure.

Icon sizes Width/Height for grids should become whatever the biggest icons width/height is, meaning if one is 16*32 & another 32*16 to all be 32*32 or possibly simply allow icons of any size which might seem odd to me, or a seperate way with winset to set the size of icons you want to display could work as well.

If icons can't be weird sized like 16*32 or whatever though then just make it use the bigger width/height for all icons as the dimensions of width & height if going with the first method.

The second method could use either way depending on the requirements icon sizes should need to meet, if it turns out they can't all be different custom sizes as well if that was wanted.
I don't see the distinction between what you said was too complicated and the alternative you propose. Both are identically complicated.
BUMP!
I'm sure there could be a way to have grids output elements at their original size without forcing them to be the same as world size.

Maybe a new interface parameter? (icon-size for grids ?)
Would really love this convenience. +++
++++
bump
+++