ID:110968

BYOND Version:480
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.15
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The HUD in one of my old games seems to be broken down, in some cases its simply an eyesore, in others it makes things impossible to read. No changes have been made to this game since 3.x, and it was working properly once upon a time.
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/straygames/ByondBugs/ CC2LayerProblems.png

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Login to Celestial Chaos 2
Complete the unintuitive tutorial, if you can
Get into the battle at the end of the first cut-scene
When you click Attack, the text at the top of the screen will be covered.

Expected Results: The background stays in the back

Actual Results: Various tiles of the background overlap the text

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every
In other games? Unknown
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur? In BYOND versions 3.x, and maybe in earlier 4.0s, unsure exactly when the problem started.

Workarounds: Changing the map_format would probably fix it, but I haven't pulled the source.
The map_format is already TILED_ICON_MAP if it's an older game predating 455. I can't really tell from your screenshot what's wrong because it's too small, though.

It's possible that some of the new special layers are impacting this: BACKGROUND_LAYER, EFFECTS_LAYER, and TOPDOWN_LAYER. I'd like to know what layers your source is using if you can get at it, because if something is hitting one of these I could see it being an issue. If that's the case, I think I can work out a fix for it. Granted you shouldn't be using layers that are anywhere near that high, but it's a simple fix on the client end if you are.
Well, this doesn't appear to be due to the special layers. I'd have to see your source to understand the problem better.

While I can confirm the problem happens, I have to move this to Unverified till there's more info to investigate.
Lummox JR wrote:
Granted you shouldn't be using layers that are anywhere near that high, but it's a simple fix on the client end if you are.

I probably was. I'll pull the source sometime and see what it takes to get it working again. Should be on a disk around here somewhere.
Okay, thanks. Let me know if you find anything. I will be improving that layering behavior in 481 regardless but it was unrelated to your issue.