ID:110993

In advance, I (Katoma) will be doing story previews, fug will do code previews, Zane probably Sprite previews, and Axerob will preview how awesome he is via Rap.

-------------------------------------------------
(Wall of Text Ahead for backstory, Summery at the end in bold)

I noticed a bit back, I've gone ranting about "The Third Multiverse" before, but I really haven't gone out of my way to explain "The Omniverse". This was originally planned to be in the first preview, but was forgotten. This is also key concept to the backflow of the game.

The Omniverse, for all purposes, can be imagined as a bubble, you can expand it if you want, but the Omniverse expresses all levels of Existance inside and outside of a Universe and all it's alternate realities.

Inside this bubble, as of the game, you could draw 3 more bubbles inside of it. We could call these "The First Multiverse, Second Multiverse, and Third Multiverse" respectively.

A "Multiverse" is all the near-infinite probabilities within a single Universe. There is no 2nd universe in any Multiverse, but rather an infinite amount of "branch" and "split" realities.

A "Universe" isn't actually just a never-ending space, but rather a defined space of reality expressing all events within a certain time-space domain within a certain branch of the Multiverse. The very branch of this multiverse where you chose to read this instead of not to is in itself, a split from the Universe where you chose not to.

Let's use our Universe (coined the 6th Multiverse by the Twilight Herald Mythos) as an example. And let's use something we're probably all familiar with: Anime.

In most anime, you will note most take place here on our own Earth. So then that begs the question: why couldn't it be real?

According to the Omniverse theory, they are. They are in a Universe close to ours, however still different.

Because events drastically occured different somewhere in time, rather than a simple difference like a "Yes or no" sort of decision, they are in a completely different reality/universe.

The more severe a difference between 2 Universes, the more towards the left side of these bubbles that the line for a different reality splintered from another.

This makes every media you've ever seen capable within at least one Multiverse at some point of time. Whether or not you consider these "real" is beyond the point. One could map every existance in media to some point in the Omniverse if they so wished, and each of these Universes would be as real as yours and mine.

This in itself, is why you all play the role as the "Hero", and it's as canon to the story as anyone else's. Of course, then there's a certain arc of the story...

Summary: Whatever happens in any media, even fanfiction, exists as a very plausible reality (universe) to have occured in it's own appropriate Multiverse as a true event. No story is any less true than any other.
---------------------
This then beckons the question: "What is those spaces outside of the 3+ bubbles?".

This is "Extrareality", or basically "Non-Existance" if you wish to put it simply. It's a level of existance made of intense energies beyond those who exists' understanding, capable of completely rendering all but the strongest souls and wills into absolute suffering, or non-existance themselves.

Gods are beings that exist solely within each universe, and similar to a chess board, can simply be replaced in each 'game' of the multiverse to a higher force's choice of whether or not they are beneficial towards the evolution of all species.

And these higher forces, basically most of the beings allowed outside of existance, are called the "Three Decides" and "Six Sources". But we'll get into these another time, as well as the "Ancient Magics".

To Summarize:

The Omniverse can be symbolized as a bubble, representing every level of existance. All Multiverses are the existance of all alternate universes within a set period of Omni-existantial time from their creation (Big Bang) to their end (Big Crunch) represented by a series of bubbles inside the Omniverse.

All realities are equally true, even if they are not equally true to the inhabitants within each universe, and are represented by an ever-branching line.

Beings that exist above gods, the "Decides" and "Sources", live outside of reality, where only the greatest forces possible exist.

These concepts are important, and I leave you a single hint that will be important in the future: it is wholely possible for beings (even the same being) from a plethora of different universes to exist all in the same place outside in extra-reality. This will be a key for your victory at one point.

I'm sure you're all wondering "what's the gameplay reveal for today"?

Well, quite frankly I'm running out, haha.

But I thought I'd introduce a major boss concept, nothing exactly new, but it's something I think all players should know in advance.

This concept is "plot armors".

When you all think "plot armors", we all automatically go right to the heros of anime and manga, or the major villains, who recieve these plot-defying defenses, and simply are immune to damage for god knows what reason.

Plot Armors in TH,or just PAs, are all explained abilities within the TH mythos, although you'd need to play Single player mode to find out why maybe half of them literally don't pull these out of their ass.

Plot Armors are a variety of effects that can do anything from simply auto-killing, to defying the standards of the game system (automatic damage), to flat out changing the RULES of the game itself on you in the middle of battle.

When entering a boss fight in TH, expect for the boss(es) to wholely be able to change the gamestate for their favor on a whim. Or even drive certain classes or player styles into complete obscurity.

Details on plot armors will be kept secret, or else then you'd know exactly what to expect.

We hope this will make all the bosses interesting to fight (or at least difficult).

Next update will be on April 3rd from me. Fugsnarf and Zane will begin posting when they wish.

If you wish for more of the actual development, expect the info from them. I'm the story bastard after all!

Also due to a waning amount of info, I'm cutting down to 1 preview point per preview here in. I am really trying to make this stuff last.