For those of you interested in using TRC but not the Forum Service, I've made some changes to Terulia Relay Chat that allow you to do just that. (As a developer, you have to create a TFS forum, but this is trivial. You don't have to do anything with your empty forum, and your players never have to visit the site.) Here's how simple it is:
as a developer:
1) Log into the Terulia Forum Service using your BYOND account.
2) Create a new forum to serve as your channel.
3) Download TRC.
4) Include the TRC library in your game.
5) Edit the TRC library file "1 - definitions.dm" and set DEFAULT_CHANNEL as the channel you just created.
6) Compile your game to include TRC.
Now, any players who join your game will be automatically subscribed to your channel, meaning they can begin chatting without any additional effort. Once you join the TRC network, you and your players will be able to chat with each other across all TRC-linked games.
And remember, as a developer, you are free to customize your implementation of TRC; you don't have to use the default TRC interface.
I can't continue to improve this system without feedback.
Let me know what YOU would like to see in future versions and updates to TRC.
Copyright © 2017 BYOND Software. All rights reserved.