shootah

by Kaiochao
shootah
Little blue circles shooting red circles!
ID:111157

Kill all of the red circles! Be careful though; they shoot back!

Controls are given when you log in!

Hover your mouse over another player to see their name!

Ctrl+Q or Alt+F4 to quit (not that you ever should)!

Feel free to host and play with your fellow squad-mates! (After killing most ofthe baddies, you can kill each other, too!)

Credit to HDK's mouse coordinate library for the smooth mouse aiming!
The hub entry says "Credit to HDK's mouse coordinate library for the smooth mouse aiming!", but the mouse didn't seem to do anything. Between this and Toy Tanks I've realized that my brain can't handle using one set of keys for moving and another set of keys for aiming.
Sorry, I had just implemented it without updating the hub file.
The current hub version should now have mouse-precise aiming.
Well i have to agree with Forum Account, I found it very very hard to have to use two sets of keys to do two different actions, if toy tanks used the mouse system this game now uses, i'd be a lot better at it lol,
Wow, what an awesome game. Any chance you will release the source?
Just a heads up: if I'm hosting a server, chances are it's ahead of the hub download, meaning I'm probably testing something and would appreciate help. :D
Seems neat, takes 100% CPU usage and hangs every few seconds though.
SuperAntx wrote:
Seems neat, takes 100% CPU usage and hangs every few seconds though.

I've always been testing this on my one computer, which may just happen to be pretty fast. According to a couple people, lag did not seem too noticeable. I haven't had the chance to experience the lag myself though, considering I'm the only one who ever hosts this :\
Yea, lag makes the multiplayer unplayable for me.
I wasn't talking about multiplayer lag, I was saying the game requires something more powerful than a 2.21GHz processor in order to play.
My laptop with 2.00 GHz runs it just fine. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll see what I can do to optimize anything further.
SuperAntx wrote:
I wasn't talking about multiplayer lag, I was saying the game requires something more powerful than a 2.21GHz processor in order to play.

Okay well it does anyway.
The only reason I went ahead and "published" this was because it ran well on my end, as well as for other people's enjoyment. There will always be people with computers that can't handle everything, but I am satisfied.
I'm glad you were able to solve this issue.
I think you've got an infinite loop running out of control in there somwhere, because I'm experiencing these lag issues on a 3.34Ghz Tri-Core.

Also it seems to happen after the controls hang, I.e a certain direction continues to indefinitely be 'held down' even though I'm not doing so, lead to this lag and me being unable to move.
Lowering tick_lag can cause "display lag". Keys may stick if you experience this (its a BYOND bug that'll be fixed in the next update). Out of curiosity, what is tick_lag set to? I imagine someone out there might have an ancient computer that can't handle this, but it seems like most people should be able to run it fine, even as multiplayer.
Well, there goes my drive to work on my game Darkness. I just don't feel like competing when you're going to get better advertisement anyways. Good luck with it though, it's a really nice game.

Edit: Holy crap I didn't even notice I was featured alongside you guys in BaW #10. Now I feel obligated not to let this fall to the wayside.

A Challenger Appears!

Also, how did you get HDK mouse detection to work properly, all it does is cause Darkness to crash instantly even though it compiles perfectly fine.
El Wookie wrote:
I think you've got an infinite loop running out of control in there somwhere, because I'm experiencing these lag issues on a 3.34Ghz Tri-Core.

Also it seems to happen after the controls hang, I.e a certain direction continues to indefinitely be 'held down' even though I'm not doing so, lead to this lag and me being unable to move.

My keys are "sticking" as well, it's very annoying.
Warlord Fred wrote:
El Wookie wrote:

My keys are "sticking" as well, it's very annoying.

I think these issues are related to this BYOND bug, which should be fixed in the next BYOND update... whenever that is.
cool
Page: 1 2