ID:1111570

The rise in Mobile technonlgy has brought us a new operating system, Ubuntu Mobile!

With a higher end mobile phone you will get the desktop version of Ubuntu with a nice mobile friendly GUI this could possibly allow us to play BYOND on mobile devices! With the limitations of Wine of course.

The fact that BYOND does not have a Linux nor Mac client we are forced to turn to alternatives like the above.
Fascinating... I'm happy you've posted about this here. This is definitely something I'm interested in getting.

On a side-note, I already have a dual-core Android, I wonder how easy it would be to run this on rooted Android handsets.
I believe they already have a Ubuntu app? That runs on Android, but the above is a whole new operating system, hopefully they make it compataible with some of the phones like Galaxy etc.
A.T.H.K wrote:
The fact that BYOND does not have a Linux nor Mac client we are forced to turn to alternatives like the above.

DMIDE will! (If someone is cool enough to compile on each platform!)
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
hopefully they make it compataible with some of the phones like Galaxy etc.
Agreed. My phone has all the power of a freight train and I'd love to actually use it.