ID:1112924

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
The title speaks for its self.

If I'm testing my BYONDexe client, and then I find a bug and I want to profile. I have to quit that client and load up the DreamSeeker client in hopes to get the same profiling.

I realize this is probably to keep file size down to a minimum, but perhaps you could allow an option in hub.ini for profiling to be packaged into the client.

If not, its understandable, but it would be a luxury indeed.

Edit: After the discussion, the feature request has changed to asking for the following command to open up the debug profiler

winset(client, null, "command=.debug profile")
If you have debug access in the game, AND a browser in your game, you could use byond://?debug=profile (in an input)

It shows the same content in the browser as it does in the regular profiler, aside from the Network profiling.
You -must- call invoke the parent procedure ..() if you are overidding client/Topic().

Though, I'm pretty sure you should be able to use .profile or .debug profile in the standalone, since I'm pretty sure it's just BYOND's core and DS bundled in such a way that it launches without 'BYOND'.
Ok sounds good. Any reason why network profiling isn't available from a distance (besides the distance?). Server is on ubuntu, my key in admin.txt, accessing from dream seeker remotely.
Well, the topic/HTML style for accessing the profiler is...pretty old. It was around before the graphical profiler.
They just never made the network stuff display in the HTML, though, I'm sure they could on request.
I know for certain .profile doesn't do anything but I'll try the other tomorrow.
Not through the command input, it doesn't. But, how about if you use winset to call the command? might that work?
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Not through the command input, it doesn't. But, how about if you use winset to call the command? might that work?

That's actually how I was using it.

someverb()
winset(src.client, null, "command=.profile")
How about .debug profile?
Super Saiyan X wrote:
How about .debug profile?

I'm on my iPad right now but I plan to test first thing tomorrow.
That worked, but it should be noted that you can't access it this way:

winset(src.client, null, "command=.debug profile")

I had to go:
spawn(2) winset(src.client, null, "command=.command") //spawn so a window doesn't overlap it

and then type into the prompt, .debug profile

So this turns into a feature request to make command=.debug profile open the profiler without having to go through the Enter Command prompt.
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Well, the topic/HTML style for accessing the profiler is...pretty old. It was around before the graphical profiler.
They just never made the network stuff display in the HTML, though, I'm sure they could on request.

The network profiling doesn't show for me at all, even in the built in profile window.
I guess it only shows up locally.
Super Saiyan X wrote:
I guess it only shows up locally.

That means linux doesn't have a way to profile networking?
Unfortunately, the release note for this feature was "The Profile option has been extended to show network activity. Dream Seeker only shows this option if it is hosting the world."

Perhaps, you could make another request to make Network profiling available to anyone with debug access.