Xioden wrote:
It goes beyond what you have listed. Fan fiction falls under derivative work, and is legal.

No, they're not. Fan fiction is actually very much infringing, and there are regularly C&D orders sent to fan fiction writers.
Fan fiction that doesn't infringe would almost have to be entirely different. Any use of names/powers/objects that specifically have a registers trademark slapped on them would have to be edited out. That means no dragonballs..no saiyan race...no signature techniques...no planet namek..is that really dragonball? Nope.
SO I was reading this and what stood out was this "Our investigations have led us to have a good faith belief that the above referenced site is being used for the unauthorized distribution (downloading, uploading, file serving/swapping, streaming, stream embedding, torrent seeding, torrent tracking, torrent linking, other linking, link aggregating or any similar activities) of digital files embodying the Properties. The use of the Properties in this manner is NOT authorized by FUNimation Entertainment and is a violation of FUNimation's intellectual property rights, including its rights under the Copyright Act. Infringing materials can be found at the following " Now I am wondering are they saying that the things that people make on their own is their property. Are they saying the long hours people use to make certain things is all theirs. If anything these games help put DBZ, One Peice, and what ever back into peoples minds. Me for example I stoped watching Dragon Ball related anime when I was 14 and I am 24 now and when I came across byond and started playing the games I got back into watching them. So to me this is BS and they should see the brighter side of things, "BYOND IS HELPING THEM."
Anima21212 wrote:
SO I was reading this and what stood out was this "Our investigations have led us to have a good faith belief that the above referenced site is being used for the unauthorized distribution (downloading, uploading, file serving/swapping, streaming, stream embedding, torrent seeding, torrent tracking, torrent linking, other linking, link aggregating or any similar activities) of digital files embodying the Properties. The use of the Properties in this manner is NOT authorized by FUNimation Entertainment and is a violation of FUNimation's intellectual property rights, including its rights under the Copyright Act. Infringing materials can be found at the following " Now I am wondering are they saying that the things that people make on their own is their property. Are they saying the long hours people use to make certain things is all theirs. If anything these games help put DBZ, One Peice, and what ever back into peoples minds. Me for example I stoped watching Dragon Ball related anime when I was 14 and I am 24 now and when I came across byond and started playing the games I got back into watching them. So to me this is BS and they should see the brighter side of things, "BYOND IS HELPING THEM."

Doesn't matter if that's true or not, they own the rights, they have the law on their side.
Page: 1 2