Phoenix: Sundered Earth

by Archonex
[Website] [Share]
Honestly, this game needs unity. What sounds better? Two servers of around fifty a piece, or one huge server, filled with one hundred+ folks? Hm?
I am with you, ALL FOR UNITY
It always has needed one server in comparison to two or three. And the fact there's a hidden server which arch turns a blind eye to.

The claim that the community is growing is pretty amusing when i'm constantly observing them and they only seem to be getting smaller (On the hub.)

While I do understand that there are more populated on the hidden servers. which seems kind of redundant because they're hidden to the general public. That and I don't particularly care for the management.

I've honestly had no problem with the game itself besides it lacking in development, but i'm a patient man.

It's the attitude and militaristic style of administration that looks dumb as hell because it causes more problem than solves. Very few occasions where i've seen it work.

When it does, it's nice, but it takes a good team which the servers haven't had in a long time.
Hidden servers? Wtf kinda faggotry bullshit cockananny poopoo is this?!?! FUUUCK YOUUUU, HIDDEN SERVERS!!!! FUUUUUUUUCKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
Exigent wrote:
It always has needed one server in comparison to two or three. And the fact there's a hidden server which arch turns a blind eye to.

The claim that the community is growing is pretty amusing when i'm constantly observing them and they only seem to be getting smaller (On the hub.)

While I do understand that there are more populated on the hidden servers. which seems kind of redundant because they're hidden to the general public. That and I don't particularly care for the management.

I've honestly had no problem with the game itself besides it lacking in development, but i'm a patient man.

It's the attitude and militaristic style of administration that looks dumb as hell because it causes more problem than solves. Very few occasions where i've seen it work.

When it does, it's nice, but it takes a good team which the servers haven't had in a long time.

I disagree. In fact, I think it's the lack of admins using a PROPER form of a 'militaristic' approach that causes servers to suffer in relation to overall satisfaction, not population, however there may be a large effect on population too. Proof of this working? Live Action Role-plays, which grow to hundreds of people spanning acres of land. However, many admins inject their personal approach rather than going after the three primary "rules" of role-playing. Be in-character, fit the setting and mesh with the theme. Those are the ONLY things that need to be enforced from a role-play and not game-play standpoint, and upon analysis of each one, it breaks down into several categories of rules.

All this aside, I do agree the game really lacks in development. I also think it lacks in scope, but fixing that would require a new project all together.
Fuck that, bro. I hate "Mitilitant" admins. D< Hardasses are never cool. And as for the... "Three primary rules of roleplay", I think that should be left up to the character to decide what is appropriate and what is not. In all honesty, someone COULD, if they wanted to, RP as Super Mage Chuck Norris, whom survived the fall of mankind and the nuclear holocaust and ect, because he's fucking Super Mage Chuck Norris. That'd be legit RP. Does it "mesh"? No, but fuck it, it's fucking Chuck Norris. Do you not like Chuck Norris or something, eh, Steven? HRM? HRM, STEVEN? CHUCK NORRIS, STEVEN. CHUCK NORRIS.
Abbermaljin wrote:
Fuck that, bro. I hate "Mitilitant" admins. D< Hardasses are never cool. And as for the... "Three primary rules of roleplay", I think that should be left up to the character to decide what is appropriate and what is not. In all honesty, someone COULD, if they wanted to, RP as Super Mage Chuck Norris, whom survived the fall of mankind and the nuclear holocaust and ect, because he's fucking Super Mage Chuck Norris. That'd be legit RP. Does it "mesh"? No, but fuck it, it's fucking Chuck Norris. Do you not like Chuck Norris or something, eh, Steven? HRM? HRM, STEVEN? CHUCK NORRIS, STEVEN. CHUCK NORRIS.

Troll much? Not taking any of that post seriously due to trolling.
Not even trolling, bro. But if you take adversity harshly, you can just continue to roam around with your head up your ass. Doesn't make any difference to me.
Abbermaljin wrote:
Not even trolling, bro. But if you take adversity harshly, you can just continue to roam around with your head up your ass. Doesn't make any difference to me.

If you would role-play as Chuck Norris period, you're beyond help.
This is Based on DBZ and haz leeched icons I think it should be deleted.
NukeyNuke wrote:
This is Based on DBZ and haz leeched icons I think it should be deleted.

Why do you consider it based on DBZ? Which icons in specific are leeched? Proof (if needed)? Unless you give the developers of Phoenix, as well as the rest of BYOND, some details on your thought process, you'll just be screaming in the wind.

P.S. I hear there's a lot of icons that are going to change in this project, but let's get something straight. A good majority of the turf icons (and some objects) are mine. I've given them to these types of projects and have no intentions of attempting to revoke that right.
@Stevenw9
3) Ranked people just aren't doing anything. I've been waiting about a week or two now for the Earth Guardian to do something, which he has not. This has left Earth as a dead husk, and no ranker wants to 'rerank' someone apparently.


I agree with this entirely, admins who are in charge of ranking do quite a lazy job. Their ranking style is poor and they end up picking the worst suitable people for the job.
Coolman1250 wrote:
@Stevenw9
3) Ranked people just aren't doing anything. I've been waiting about a week or two now for the Earth Guardian to do something, which he has not. This has left Earth as a dead husk, and no ranker wants to 'rerank' someone apparently.


I agree with this entirely, admins who are in charge of ranking do quite a lazy job. Their ranking style is poor and they end up picking the worst suitable people for the job.

This is something you can bring up with me, and I can look into.
Coolman1250 wrote:
@Stevenw9
3) Ranked people just aren't doing anything. I've been waiting about a week or two now for the Earth Guardian to do something, which he has not. This has left Earth as a dead husk, and no ranker wants to 'rerank' someone apparently.


I agree with this entirely, admins who are in charge of ranking do quite a lazy job. Their ranking style is poor and they end up picking the worst suitable people for the job.

'Picking' is a terrible word for the scenarios in about 90% of the cases. Hell, I've experienced ranks that get no applications at all Lol. I miss the days where there were many competitors for each rank.
Kitsueki wrote:
Coolman1250 wrote:
@Stevenw9
3) Ranked people just aren't doing anything. I've been waiting about a week or two now for the Earth Guardian to do something, which he has not. This has left Earth as a dead husk, and no ranker wants to 'rerank' someone apparently.


I agree with this entirely, admins who are in charge of ranking do quite a lazy job. Their ranking style is poor and they end up picking the worst suitable people for the job.

'Picking' is a terrible word for the scenarios in about 90% of the cases. Hell, I've experienced ranks that get no applications at all Lol. I miss the days where there were many competitors for each rank.

That would probably be because ranks aren't nearly as important to the game functioning as they were in Finale. They're mostly a way to move a story when players are too lazy to come up with ones themselves.

They add fluff features, mostly. Which means it's mostly for people who have an interest in the rank itself, rather then the power it (used to) bring.

We've been debating doing away with ranks entirely, which is something i've been in favor of, and putting all of the ranked features into the hands of players who wish to pursue any given type of ranked only power. That way initiative is potentially rewarded amongst a larger number of players, as opposed to just the pool of players who are around at the start of a wipe, when ranks are chosen.

As an example for something i've mentioned before, and something i'll probably implement once I finish up the new map:

If you wanted to make a "wish", a player could draft an eldritch tome, or go out and find the materials/lore necessary to make one, etc, etc. Maybe it'd have a 50 percent chance of coming alive and eating your face off, or something, too, Cenobite style.
You guys act like Ranks not doing jobs is a serious problem. Ranks aren't main characters. Ranks should never ever be main characters. (By main character I mean someone who seriously drives the plot-line.)
I've always been a major advocate of no ranks at all, excluding major-majors like KS and DM. (Even then, guys. Come on. Step on some goddamn toes.) You people use free abilities as crutches to go start a fight far too often. You don't need Kikoho to steal a punching bag and then beat some random half-to-death just for telling you to stop stealing.

This game's major problem has always been balls. One out of every thirty players has balls and that's what fucks with the game. The other 29 sit in a level 200 room and train stats endlessly because they have a 'feeling' that something is about to happen. Well, stop it. That 'feeling' is called metagaming and you need to go enslave some aliens.

Jbtw, I can't honestly say I'm better than all of you. I almost never started RP because I was always shitty in major scenarios. I just liked RPing pushups n' shit. I was comic relief 99% of the time.

But that's beside the point. Ranks don't mean anything and shouldn't exist. You guys need to get off of your asses and go kick some.
ES out. ~

(PS, I don't know if there were modifications or updates made to the game that fix these problems, I haven't been here in a while. If there were, disregard. I know you guys still suck because you always have. If you don't suck, then you know you don't and I'm not talking to you.)
Implying people who play this actually read comments in the hub.
AND I FEEL! Like I just got home and I feeee-eeee-eell...
All I can say is that this is Amazing!
this thing....


needs a tutorial. unless im stupid and have missed it
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10