=(
Pmich, are you going to stick around Byond at least? I'm not a huge fan of anime but your work on DBOII seemed interesting and you had a good team set up it looked like.
DBOII was my anchor here, and with that said, i dont see myself being as active on this site anymore. However i have been made a couple offers and am considering some.
I'm not down with the legal side of things. But I'm fairly sure Funimation owns the license to distribute DBZ in the US. Therefore, without acquiring a license of your own or securing Funimations permission, you're in breach of their license and they can legally persue you.

Therefore, it doesn't matter what medium you're distributing DBZ material on, they can still persue you, because it's DBZ material. That also includes fan dubs, fan fiction et-al.

I never saw Funimation actually giving a crap about BYOND games, and I'm betting the powers that be didn't either. So my assumption is whatever the email said was misunderstood/poorly worded/false truth and Funimation probably thinks that every fan game is making money off the franchise instead of a small few, who evidently ruined it for everybody.
Neblim wrote:
What's the name of that new 3D DBZ mmorpg game? Isn't it like in Asia or something and not by Funimation? I'd look but I forget the name. Could always research their methods.

Because FUNimation doesn't have the distribution rights outside the US (and parts of North America). They still have to license it from whoever FUNimation does.
Neblim wrote:
Right. Though an exception for some countries that aren't bound by international copyright law may exist. Though that would be a pretty silly hack if the country ever adopted it.

... Somalia, maybe? Everywhere else, you're gonna run into trouble, because it's a major part of international law.

I wonder how much the license would be. Probably pretty hefty but who knows?

Fucking expensive for a multi-million+ dollar IP like DBZ. More than a single person could ever hope to afford unless they are fucking rich.
Why don't you just change it around into a RPG?
TheProductions wrote:
I supported 3 games and I saw all 3 games getting canceled(But i think Naruto Online won't get canceled *hopes not*)but...DBO II, Bleach Revolution...Man...This is my second comment and I still feel sad about it :(

Naruto and Bleach do not belong to FUNimation. They don't own ALL anime
What is the point in creating a Naruto or Bleach game with the same potential out come occurring, People need to face facts and realise they should just make there own concept now.

As much as i liked working on DBOII and it played really well, Its gone and people need to accept it >_> Only person i feel sorry for is Paul with all the hours he put into keeping this thing going for so long.
KDG wrote:
TheProductions wrote:
I supported 3 games and I saw all 3 games getting canceled(But i think Naruto Online won't get canceled *hopes not*)but...DBO II, Bleach Revolution...Man...This is my second comment and I still feel sad about it :(

It's that Bleach Revolution and Naruto Online(Axerobs version but I don't think he will cancel it) got canceled, Not saying that FUNimation closed it o.o
i feel sad too:(
i feel sad too :( soooooooooooo sad ;(
TheProductions wrote:
KDG wrote:
TheProductions wrote:

It's that Bleach Revolution and Naruto Online(Axerobs version but I don't think he will cancel it) got canceled, Not saying that FUNimation closed it o.o

I didn't cancel it, just made it non anime.
Hmm.. I really wanted to play o.o"
Just got around to seeing all this mess, always said this game would never finish, just didn't think it would be this way.
People are giving up way too easy. Theres too many loop holes on the net. I'd say just take a break and come back when spirits are higher.

I personally wont give a damn about any of these big companies warnings until I actually see someone from byond get sued. In 10 years I haven't seen anyone bothered.
I highly doubt BYOND's hobby games are worth Funimations time right now but I could be wrong, they are suing 1337 people for downloading one piece so...

Anyway, I believe they would have allowed some DBZ games that weren't making any money, but I believe the email Slikwizard sent was vague to them so they went on a purge so they didn't have to even think about fair use

Silkwizard didn't contact Funimation, he contacted Namco/Bandai. And even then, he never got back to them about IP theft.
Well, I'm just getting at who ever relayed the message to who ever got the DBZ games taken down, they looked at it vaguely
What is the link for it? Example is: Heroes United 2's link is byond://67.18.180.178:2112/. In order to find yours go to bookmark then look at the status bar and get on dream daemon and type it in there. Afterwards your game will work again. You can also go on dream daemon and go to "my games" to find where you get it on, but use the bookmark to show us how to get on. Please don't quit, just do what I said and everything will be fine. That is called a secret server.
Page: 1 2 3