ID:111557

For those wanting more development info, Fugsnarf should finally be posting on Tuesday. If he doesn't, we introduce to you "Ceiling Cat". Pray to him, he'll smite that stupid Thundercat pet.

==================================================

Against arguably my better judgment, I decided to actually unveil a character!

Photobucket

Name: Necrosis
Alias: "The Dark Priest" "Shinigami" "God of Death" "Bastard"

Species/Race: unknown (humanoid)
Eye Color: Pitch Black

Say hello to Necrosis, albeit, this is a Pre-Production sprite done for us by Zane.

Originally found on the Dark Continent of Narapha, Necrosis was revived by the more benevolent beings, his body having been washed ashore as almost nothing but a stump of blood and organs.

Necrosis now repays the people of the continent by defending it's God Spirits from those out to abuse them, as Narapha lacks any true Priests to protect their God Spirits. In his efforts to do so however, he became known as a "God of Death", and now acts solely as such, seemingly existing in multiple places over Laramos, killing those who "disturb the balance".

Amongst his revival, he also ripped out the eye of a soul-absorbing demon, and replaced his own missing left eye with it. This eye (vaguely visible in the picture) can absorb the souls of anyone that looks directly at it (this in itself, is the game's first plot armor).

The 'warped'/curved pyramids that line Necrosis' vest are in reality sheathed weapons. By pulling them free or stabbing a weapon into it, they are sheathed/unsheathed into/from a different plane exclusive to his vest, allowing Necrosis to walk around with hundreds of weapons without weight change. This makes him a hybrid of Dark Element Magic-user type and "Weapon Master" Class (see a future update for class descriptions for Chapter 1). These weapons of course, reverse to their original holds, or the "talon" shaped spikes depending on Sheathed/Unsheathed actions in-universe.

His signature techniques are "Shadow Assault" techniques. As the Third Multiverse's physics vary from our own on a minor degree, some things act entirely different (to some degree, this is caused by the existance of Ether).

In the third multiverse, a being's shadows are as good as a limb, and controlling one's own shadow or another's is as good as controlling the body. Using this as a basis, Necrosis is capable of reverse engineering it, and by throwing a punch with an advantageous lighting, punch his opponent's shadow with his own. Even if he can't reach, his fist will 'hit' his foe's body, and land equivalent damage.

Albeit he favors Shadows, he's not strictly limited to his "Shadow Assault" battle style.

Next Story update will introduce hopefully another character or something :P.

I hope you all enjoy the first previewed character.
Very cool. I am looking to more updates. =]
Lol. Necrosis was made to be a literal "scary badass". Even in the original RPs, none of the other RPers wanted to fight him.

His abilities were based vaguely on Naras from Naruto, and ironically, 2 episodes from the old "Aladdin" Cartoon series. Using those as a Basis, I linked all of them together and created the basis of his abilities.

Next update will probably be "Oreb Varigaz". Another special character, albeit not Chapter 1 this time.

This Update actually revealed the existance of one of our classes and hinted as to the classes' abilities. Haha.
Nice
Looks great :D Can't wait to play the game when it's out. Btw, you kinda unveiled every picture in your photobucket account. You might want to make it private :P
Gah XD
You've been posting about this game for months but it's hard to tell if you're making progress or moving backwards. You might find some useful tips here.
Forum, all I can do is unveil story/character/etc design. I don't do much more than pass along character designs, story details, gameplay systems, (basically everything that's coded, mapped, sprited, etc, I make, only things I won't is the mass amounts of different species of monsters probably, and small things like the music. I set the basis, the rest see the reality in their heads and bring it to life).

I can't post about anything else. I can only post what's been made (or going to be made). I've said this before and you seem to ignore it: if you want the other stuff, wait for Fugsnarf and Zane's posts on the production.
You guys will finally see the progress tomorrow.