The_Legendary_Bitch wrote:
If that was the case, this game wouldn't be so successive.
I don't consider NEStalgia successful. Its currently 8:00 on a Friday night, what I would assume is peak hours, and the game doesn't even have 150 players online. After a massive advertising campaign, that directly reached hundreds of thousands of gamers, and a peak of over 300 players only a month or so ago at 3AM, the game is clearly failing.

Obviously it DOES live up to standards of the modern day gamer, since these same gamers appreciate old style RPGs.
How do you figure this? If their standards are on par with NES games (which NEStalgia doesn't even live up to) then they don't have the standards of a modern day gamer...

If you honestly had any issues with games not having "original" concepts you wouldn't have made your fangames in the first place.
NEStalgia is a fan game, regardless of how BYOND wants to classify it in order to make a profit from its profit. Not only is it a fan game, but its a fan game of a game and/or game(s). Heroes United may have been a fan game, but for the most part, it was a fan game of an anime. Which means all original concepts had to be converted into functional gameplay concepts, a much more complicated process than saying... HERE'S A TURN BASED RPG, LETS MAKE A TURN BASED RPG WITH A DIFFERENT NAME.

and then to take it a step further by making money off of FUNimation's original concept
Its not originally FUNimation's, I wasn't making money off it, and FUNimations claim over it shouldn't even extend past redistributing the anime, but yay for failtastic copyright laws that excel at hindering society's progress?

Add this "Legendary Bitch" to the list of undeserving holier than thou idiots. Just like the rest of them, your list of favorite games makes you a ridiculous hypocrite. I thought BYOND had an offensive filter for account names?
Falacy wrote:
If that was the case, this game wouldn't be so successive.
I don't consider NEStalgia successful. Its currently 8:03 on a Friday night, what I would assume is peak hours, and the game doesn't even have 150 players online. After a massive advertising campaign, that directly reached hundreds of thousands of gamers, and a peak of over 300 only a month or so ago at 3AM, the game is clearly failing.

Not really, the only game that has fallen is your game, so let's get that straight right now. Looking through this entire post, all I see is you complaining about game owners with original games looking down on owners with fangames, so what? Get over it, and get over yourself.

Obviously it DOES live up to standards of the modern day gamer, since these same gamers appreciate old style RPGs.
How do you figure this? If their standards are on par with NES games (which NEStalgia doesn't even live up to) then they don't have the standards of a modern day game.

A game does not have to have the "standards" of being modern to be successive, that is where you are clearly wrong. Do you know how many gamers there are in the world that engage in modern gaming and STILL are huge fans of old-school games? More than you think, sir. So really this whole, "Modern is better." Attitude really is narcissistic in nature.

If you honestly had any issues with games not having "original" concepts you wouldn't have made your fangames in the first place.
NEStalgia is a fan game, regardless of how BYOND wants to classify it in order to make a profit from its profit. Not only is it a fan game, but its a fan game of a game and/or game(s). Heroes United may have been a fan game, but for the most part, it was a fan game of an anime. Which means all gameplay concepts had to be converted into functional gaming concepts, a much more complicated process than saying... HERE'S A TURN BASED RPG, LETS MAKE A TURN BASED RPG WITH A DIFFERENT NAME.

If you really wish to get technical, really nothing is original. Everything is based off of something. And it is not always about delivering a new concept, really it's about delivering something of interest to certain people. Many MMORPGS have characters based off of mythological beings, these characters may not be original, but it becomes original when they are the first ones to present it in a fashion of appeal. NEStalgia does have influence off of games like Final Fantasy, and Dragon Warriors, but they still made it their own. Just like Anime such as Naruto is really based off a decent amount of Japanese Mythology. Dragon Ball Z has elements of Chinese Mythology. So this whole arguement of being "original" is really stupid. Nothing is original, everything is always based off of something then receives new attributes to it's ingredients.

and then to take it a step further by making money off of FUNimation's original concept
Its not originally FUNimation's, I wasn't making money off it, and FUNimations claim over it shouldn't even extend past anime.

Yeah, I'm sure you were just taking the money subscribers paid and donated it to the children in Africa huh? Get over yourself.

Add this "Legendary Bitch" to the list of undeserving holier than thou idiots.
I thought BYOND had an offensive filter for account names?

Oh how cute, you can't stay on topic. Not like I haven't heard those words before, oh your so original.

Falacy wrote:
Add this "Legendary Bitch" to the list of undeserving holier than thou idiots.

I lol'd at this.

Anyway, onto more pressing matters. Even if you don't consider NEStalgia successful. The bottom line is, its the most popular(non anime game) on byond. Which is really sad. Although NEStalgia's players have went down I wouldn't say its failing. It simply has a temporary player boost due to advertising on IGN.(and 80% of those people on IGN realized it was crap and quit).

Although I don't agree with what you define as original I will say taking a game and creating an EXACT clone of that game with a different name shouldn't be listed at original and def not featured.

And you are correct about funimation, they only hold rights to the anime, Namco owns the rights to DBZ games. And even if its not originally funimations they own it NOW. Therefore it is theirs. Doesn't matter who had what first.
Enzuigiri wrote:
Even if you don't consider NEStalgia successful. The bottom line is, its the most popular(non anime game) on byond. Which is really sad.
Technically, Celestial Chaos: Adventures is now the most "popular" non-anime game on BYOND =P

Although NEStalgia's players have went down I wouldn't say its failing.
Its lost 50% of a temporary player boost in only about a month, and is still consistently dropping, how are we not considering this a failure?
Just think of all the people who were introduced to BYOND by NEStalgia, saw what a horrible NES wannabe it was, and permanently quit BYOND.

It simply has a temporary player boost due to advertising on IGN.(and 80% of those people on IGN realized it was crap and quit).
99% =P

Not really, the only game that has fallen is your game, so let's get that straight right now.
Hardly. Most poignantly, one of my "fallen" games has been "resurrected" and already has 50 legit players after only a day or so. Unlike NEStalgia's, mine isn't some temporary player boost that will be dead and gone the next time that I blink.

Looking through this entire post, all I see is you complaining about game owners with original games looking down on owners with fangames, so what? Get over it, and get over yourself.
My fan games are better than their original games in every possible way. I'm not interested in hearing them righteously brag about their pile of crap, just because they named the main character after themselves. So, you're right, I am tired of them looking down on me, especially since their pillars are several miles below mine.

A game does not have to have the "standards" of being modern to be successive, that is where you are clearly wrong.
Show me a successful game that doesn't meet modern standards? Minecraft's graphics are the only thing I can think of that even comes close. However, they are intentionally designed as such, have dynamic shadows, improve the gameplay, and are still probably the biggest complaint I hear about the game.

Do you know how many gamers there are in the world that engage in modern gaming and STILL are huge fans of old-school games? More than you think, sir. So really this whole, "Modern is better." Attitude really is narcissistic in nature.
Modern is better. There are fans of old games. However, they are fans of old games... they aren't fans of new old games, and aren't going to pay 60 dollars for some brand new game that was made to mimic the original Legend of Zelda.

Yeah, I'm sure you were just taking the money subscribers paid and donated it to the children in Africa huh?
If I was doing that, I would have had to be making money from it in the first place, in order to donate it...

Not like I haven't heard those words before, oh your so original.
You've been called a hypocritical holier than thou idiot before?
Technically, It is because your fanboy player base from DBZHU followed it. However content wise, both nestalgia and CCA are crap. But considering yours isn't finished turning "original" so I digress.
Whats wrong with the content in CCA?
I logged into your RPG, since it's ranked at the top of BYOND right now. I have to say, I'm disappointed. Within a few minutes I was asked to enter a gym and attack a punching bag.

Your game is terrible and you're an idiot for thinking otherwise. I'm not sure how you've convinced yourself this is anything near the quality NEStalgia presents. I joined your game only to be told to train in a gym, I mean what? Is there even a story-line? When I played NEStalgia I was given a neat little cut-scene and the adventure begins. It's tidy, fun, and professional - everything your project isn't.

No serious gamer is going to play your P.Bag "RPG" for more than a few minutes - enjoy your community of 10 year olds.
It might just be me because I'm really fickle about the games I play. Like how when you fly, you basically grow wings and that it. Your still have a walking state your just 0 density.I dunno, I guess I expected to have a flying icon state if my character suddenly grows magic wings. Personally, not a fan of that orange interface. Its a huge eyesore. Even though its only in the beginning that training post training is annoying. And the turf err icons in general are a pain(even though i'm pretty sure there temp) which is why I digress.

I only played up to getting off the first island so I might have missed something.

Edit: Even though Purple Orchid is an obvious troll. He makes a valid point. Training post are a HUGE turn off.
Enzuigiri wrote:
It might just be me because I'm really fickle about the games I play. Like how when you fly, you basically grow wings and that it. Your still have a walking state your just 0 density.I dunno, I guess I expected to have a flying icon state if my character suddenly grows magic wings.
Its intentionally like that, and supposed to be more of floating than true flying. I considered putting some sort of cloud icon under your feet, to make it look like you were walking on it. Either way, something about flight's visual appearance will probably change sooner or later.

Personally, not a fan of that orange interface. Its a huge eyesore.
That's changeable, if you have a better alternative?

And the turf err icons in general are a pain(even though i'm pretty sure there temp) which is why I digress.
Most turf icons are finished...

Even though its only in the beginning that training post training is annoying.
Edit: Even though Purple Orchid is an obvious troll. He makes a valid point. Training post are a HUGE turn off.
That's there because that's what the people on BYOND want. It is, however, intentionally hundreds of times slower than actually playing the game. And some of the available training methods are there to help you "practice" actual gameplay mechanics.

Purple Orchid wrote:
I logged into your RPG. Within a few minutes I was asked to enter a gym and attack a punching bag, just like every other Anime game.
Your game is terrible and you're an idiot for thinking otherwise.
If that's as far as you made it, then you're a terrible game player, and an even worse reviewer. Unless you somehow think the existence of punching bags automatically makes a game terrible, in which case you're just an idiot.
Falacy wrote:
As far as NEStalgia goes, their inventory system is unarguably inferior to one with unlimited space. Not only does is massively hinder gameplay, but I would be willing to bet that the reason its like that is because Silk doesn't want to/isn't capable of designing a scrolling HUD.

You're clearly not on the same level as other developers and there's nothing wrong with that. Hobby game development is for people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Besides, coding ability has nothing to do with how much fun a game is (game programmers, especially for big companies like EA, are some of the worst programmers out there). I've had fun playing CC: Guardians. You don't have to make yourself out to be some uber coder by saying "I can make a scrolling HUD and Silk can't", just focus on making fun games and don't worry about what other people can or can't do.

(besides, NEStalgia has menus with arrows to cycle through multiple pages)

the game is missing a crap ton of common/standard features, like character names

Character names are almost never necessary and are almost always tacky. It's a feature that people include because big fancy MMORPGs have them. This is one step removed from forming a "game development company". Dressing in your dad's clothes when you were little didn't make you a grownup, the same idea applies here.

People often assume that others think the same way that they do. The things that you think will upset others tells a lot about the things that would upset you. You're trying to "prove" that you're a better coder than Silk because you're afraid that he's a better coder. You're trying to "prove" that your game is more popular because you're afraid that his game is more popular.
Falacy wrote:
Unless you somehow think the existence of punching bags automatically makes a game terrible, in which case you're just an idiot.

I think it makes me the opposite of an idiot, actually. The existence of punching bags ~does~ make the game terrible, because we can assume that you have no clue how to design a game from the horrible introduction. Hey, random dude with spikey hair - I'm going to teach you how to fly and then you can hit this bag, k?

I'll log out and not waste my time playing something that an idiot made after playing a bunch of Zeta rips thinking he can do better. Your pile of unoriginal trash is no different from the rest of the junk.
Forum_account wrote:
You're clearly not on the same level as other developers and there's nothing wrong with that.
Yous trollin!. I'm pretty sure I've had this exact comment from you before, but maybe it was somebody else. The point is, you're completely right, I'm not on the same level as other developers. I'm so far beyond them that even if you combined every other game developer on BYOND, you couldn't get nearly as competent a project as I can put together alone.

"I can make a scrolling HUD and Silk can't", just focus on making fun games and don't worry about what other people can or can't do.
That's not what I was trying to imply, and does anyone actually think any part of NEStalgia is fun? Maybe you should be directing your trolls somewhere more deserving...

(besides, NEStalgia has menus with arrows to cycle through multiple pages)
I haven't seen them, but that would at least be a simple way to handle better inventory management

Character names are almost never necessary and are almost always tacky.
I have never played a multiplayer game where this was the case... Its even helpful in some single player games.

It's a feature that people include because big fancy MMORPGs have them. This is one step removed from forming a "game development company". Dressing in your dad's clothes when you were little didn't make you a grownup, the same idea applies here.
That didn't even make sense, but was obviously another attempt at trolling. You're trying to say that because my game has standard features competently implemented into it, that I'm a pretend "game development company"?

People often assume that others think the same way that they do.
If anyone thinks that, they are an idiot

The things that you think will upset others tells a lot about the things that would upset you. You're trying to "prove" that you're a better coder than Silk because you're afraid that he's a better coder.
By that logic, you must think that I'm a much better programmer than yourself?

You're trying to "prove" that your game is more popular because you're afraid that his game is more popular.
I'm not trying to prove my game is more popular. I'm trying to prove my games are better. Popularity can be measured by some pretty direct methods...

Purple Orchid:
I am indeed a complete idiot!
Dear idiot, Please grow a brain before posting anything else on my site. Your opinion is worthless, blatantly wrong, and you aren't even good at trolling. You couldn't even make it 5 minutes into a game before you had to run away crying, and now you're trying to review it?
"Hey man, I'm like, not really good at this whole thing when I have to prove my point... because my point kinda, well, really sucks. So I'm going to just call you a troll, okay?"

I'd have a tough time trying to explain why I think my punching bag game is better than a well designed RPG too. It's okay, dude.
Purple Orchid wrote:
I'd have a tough time trying to explain why I think my punching bag game is better than a well designed RPG too. It's okay, dude.

I have already explained it. On this very page, in fact. I know that you probably can't read very well, but maybe you should try to learn before you fail troll?
Falacy wrote:
Forum_account wrote:
You're clearly not on the same level as other developers and there's nothing wrong with that.
Yous trollin!. I'm pretty sure I've had this exact comment from you before, but maybe it was somebody else. The point is, you're completely right, I'm not on the same level as other developers. I'm so far beyond them that even if you combined every other game developer on BYOND, you couldn't get nearly as competent a project as I can put together alone.

Apparently Silk has hacked Falacy's key. Keep your ego in check Falacy. Your not that great of a developer.
Falacy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA

I always look forward to reading the comments on your blog. Don't ever change. <3
I can troll my own blogs =P
Falacy, what happened to dbz: heros united 1 & 2?
how long would u say till the relaunch? of BE to CC:E
Hehehe, this was nice
Page: 1 2