ID:112263

Keywords: anime

Epic Oldies!

Here i would like to suggest some anime which you may have have seen at least one already, if you like your anime.

Hokuto no Ken:
Action, Martial Arts, Sci-Fi, Mature.

Hokuto ne Ken is an anime from the 90's (It's been re-animated recently) it's aimed at a mature audience due to it's incredibly violent and gorey style.

The anime is set in a future where the world has gone into a wasteland much like mad max and gangs and bandits rule the world fighting for food and territory, killing who they please, Our main character Kenshin is a wondering martial artist who is pretty much a mix of Bruce lee and Mad Max. he goes about destroying anyone in his path with a technique which targets the muscles inside the body and makes them explode from inside.

This anime is a fantastic showcase of violence and justice, great watch for people who enjoy good battles, and overwhelming strength.

____________________________________________________________ __________

Hunter X Hunter:
Action, Adventure, Fantasy.

This Adventure anime, follows a young boy who loves wildlife and wishes to be a hunter like his father, he show's great skill and meets a student of his father soon after he learns more, and wishes to become a hunter himself.

He enters the hunter exam where he meets new friends, learns new things and excels in many courses set by the instructors, there are many tasks, to weed out the hunters and this leaves to life or death situations with an.. Evil clown looking guy, who's actually my favorite protagonist anywhere! lol

This anime is a great adventure with many battles, plenty of determination, plenty of feel good moments, it's full of epic battles and super powered fights.

Rurouni Kenshin:
Action, Historical, Adventure, Comedy,.

This was one of the first anime i ever saw, Kenshin is a wondering samurai who uses a reverse sword so that the usual cutting side is blunt and that when he fights he does not cut his opponents.

He has a dark past where he was an assassin, and among meeting a woman at a Dojo who tends to his wounds and end up getting close he gathers around him some good friends, but his past catches up to him due to his skills and reputation as he must face old enemies and new foes.

This anime has a lot of sword battles, a good adventure along with humor and a good sense of honor!.

Trigun:
Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi, Adventure.

This is one of my favorite Comedy anime, It features a pacifist who does not wish to harm or kill anyone, except he is the best shot and the most agile and skillful gunslinger in this futuristic wild west.

His name is Vash the Stampede and despite his calm friendly exterior he manages to destroy every town he visits.. but that's only because of all the people after him because of his bounty, or him acting the hero in a very clumsy way.

This anime is a fun adventure with plenty of comedy some great fight scenes among other things.

Yu Yu Hakusho:
Action, Martial Arts, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy.

The main character is a young teenager who is a known trouble maker, though he is actually a pretty nice guy.

He ends up getting himself killed and becoming a servant for the prince of the afterlife, he develops spirit techniques which he soon advances and is sent on missions to capture demons and eventually enters a whole new world full of demons, and enter into a huge arena style tournament, this is one of the greatest arena fighting anime i have seen.

Their's Adventure and mystery in this anime, as well as him eventually discovering facts out about himself, there's plenty of battles here.

Flame of Recca:
Action, Martial Arts, Adventure.

This is about a young boy who is very skillful and tough, he even classes himself as a ninja.

He eventually get's into a fight to try and save someone and ends up fighting a demon, He soon learns that the bracelet on his right arm which he could never take off was sealing the fact that he could control fire from himself.

As he begins to master his flames, he is confronted with new enemies and new friends and learns things which lead him to discover his half brother, and an epic fight will commence.

A good anime, similar to Yu yu hakasho in animation and some of it's story, plenty of action and battles.

Tenchi Muyo - Short but epic.

Macross - Brilliant ofc.
The best anime is Outlaw Star.
I watched Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin when I was a kid, and I loved it. Awesome <3
For having over a hundred episodes Yu Yu Hakusho certainly padded a lot of its content out while not actually going anywhere. It's a shame it ended right as it was getting good.

Besides the OVA, all I remember of Rurouni Kenshin is they cut to silly 'anime moments' way to often. You know, the kind where it's supposed to be serious then someone is hit up side the head with a frying pan over some trivial comment.
SuperAntx wrote:
For having over a hundred episodes Yu Yu Hakusho certainly padded a lot of its content out while not actually going anywhere. It's a shame it ended right as it was getting good.

You will find a lot of anime series do this. You see, they have to make it either 13, 26 or 52 episodes long. That is just how TV in Japan is done.
So when the anime series only needs say 16 episodes, they have to make 26 episodes, and spread the series out so you have basically 10 episodes of filler content.

Anyway. If we are talking about anime from the 80s/90s. You really missed out on all the actual good anime series.

Cowboy Bebop
Giant Robo
The Big O
Great Teacher Onizuka

And as people have mentioned Outlaw Star and Tenchi Muyo.
The Magic Man wrote:
You will find a lot of anime series do this.

A lot of the bad ones, yeah. They're easy to spot and avoid that way.

A normal season is only 12 episodes with a bonus 13th episode every now and then. Sometimes you'll have a series like Code Geass come along with a 25 episode season, but if you think back to the show there's definitely a lot of derpy moments here and there to pad out the drama. Though, CG is one of the few examples of an extra long show which actually goes places with the plot.

Anyway. If we are talking about anime from the 80s/90s. You really missed out on all the actual good anime series.

Not sure if you're addressing me or Timmy, but I'll respond anyway. I've seen most of the shows you listed during their original runs on Adult Swim. Cowboy Bebop is timeless and remains probably the best thing anime will ever have to offer. Outlaw Star is also pretty good, but it does trail off here and there with dumb stuff and fan service. Never really liked Big O, I'm more of a BattleTech kind of mecha fan.

As for Tenchi Muyo, that show has got to have one of the most messed up fictional family trees ever created. That's really all I have to say about it.
I had to reread the OP to make sure you weren't advising people to make games based on these.

Basically even the thought of a crappy WOTS based Cowboy bebop game puts me into a black rage.
Hey Magic man, I have only seen Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star and Tenchi Muyo from your list.

Cowboy Bebop is of course one of the great anime out there, i was mainly referring to Epic style anime in terms of adventure battles.

The Anime shows you listed are more mystery, investigation, supernatural (intellectual anime) if you may.
Compared to the straight forward battle ready anime i had blogged about :)

I'll probably have Cowboy Bebop in a future post about *Stylish/Classic Anime* or something along those lines.

Who are you referring to Tech gamer = O?I'm not telling anyone to make anime games,it's not safe!

I'm only using this blog as a way to both list and share anime that i like, It's nice to write a little comment or two about the anime i've watched, I don't really have the time to re watch them lol
SuperAntx wrote:
A normal season is only 12 episodes with a bonus 13th episode every now and then. Sometimes you'll have a series like Code Geass come along with a 25 episode season, but if you think back to the show there's definitely a lot of derpy moments here and there to pad out the drama. Though, CG is one of the few examples of an extra long show which actually goes places with the plot.

Actually, a normal anime season is 6 months, or 26 weeks.
13 weeks is considered a half season, and 52 weeks is a double season.

But yeah, most bad anime does have like 5 episodes worth of content spread over 26 episodes. Which is almost all anime. I don't think I have ever seen a good filler episode, ever.
Teka123 wrote:
Who are you referring to Tech gamer = O?I'm not telling anyone to make anime games,it's not safe!

I know you're not, I thought you were though, that's why I reread what you wrote.