ID:112282

BYOND Version:481
Operating System:Windows Server 2003 R2
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.16
Applies to:BYOND Hub

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Servers remain on the hub hours after they have been shut down.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Host a game
???
Adventure!
???
Shut the game down
???

Expected Results:
The server is removed from the hub, at worst within a few minutes after the game is shut down

Actual Results:
Ghost servers remain listed on the hub, usually for several hours, sometimes for days.
Clicking one of these ghost servers will connect you to an active server with that same location

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Not every time, more often than not
In other games? Yes, but to varying degrees. Seemingly based on project size. Maybe by what it does in world New/Del?
In other user accounts? I suppose?
On other computers? Unknown

When does the problem NOT occur?
If the game and/or server is small. Don't think I've ever had the problem with Guardians

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
Its been an issue for a long time

Workarounds:
No sensible ones that I can think of
Maybe the game isn't closing correctly or your hosting again before it fully closes, meaning it's still on hub or fails to shut down right & when you host again the hub is assuming it to still be up.

--It seems to me bad behavior still since it seems like your using the same port/internet address, I would think the hub would not allow that to happen or will wrongly be updating the wrong hub-entry or something & never try managing two entries of seemingly the same thing.

---This is what led me to believe the same port/internet address "Clicking one of these ghost servers will connect you to an active server with that 'same location'."
This needs a reliable test case. I'll put it in Unverified till it can be properly investigated.
This has happened to me sometimes in REO2 I will shutdown the game and reboot and bring back up the game and for like an hour it will show 2 servers.