Yes, since Tom is the one that decides if you can use another organization's IP. [/sarcasm]
I assume by "BYOND Shutdown" he means BYOND being shut down by Tom because he is feed up with dealing with crap. In which case, my point is valid. If he meant BYOND being shut down because of the anime games, In which case I really don't see the argument here. Falacy has been transferring over his games to being original (or more original)... So I don't see how you would be avoiding a "BYOND Shutdown" by doing the one thing that would prevent it...
Moussiffer wrote:
I assume by "BYOND Shutdown" he means BYOND being shut down by Tom because he is feed up with dealing with crap. In which case, my point is valid. If he meant BYOND being shut down because of the anime games, In which case I really don't see the argument here. Falacy has been transferring over his games to being original (or more original)... So I don't see how you would be avoiding a "BYOND Shutdown" by doing the one thing that would prevent it...

... you just love to rain on someones parade... dont you... anyway what I mean is more or less a combination of strais crap sack behavior, C and D's, and the general fact that all the Byonders that were worth their salt are leaving... (except for a few life long byonders)... also where is dan?
umm wow... all my posts off of strais old site http://straygames.3.forumer.com/ index.php?act=Search&nav=au&CODE=show&searchid=44e720273a06f 26eee89288e6b6e84c8&search_in=posts&result_type=posts

he was way more friendly back then... now he is just a crotchity old man
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
umm strai... Its called Changing the code...
You changed a few lines of somebody elses code, and now you think that you have the best, most original game on BYOND?

Ummm not really but i do have the first... ACTUALLY PLAYABLE Silent Hill game on Byond...

did your outbreak game have certain sounds that would play in certain areas... no, Did yout game have a radio in your inventory that would static if monsters were near... no... did your game have certain keys that would open certain doors? no...
That sounds like 10 minutes worth of work. Does Dead and Walking have any such items? And yes, OutBreak had "keys" for specific doors, at least the story mode did. The code in that OB source is horrible, you would have been better off starting from scratch.

Ummm Yea im not that good with code... Im an iconer DAMN IT

also the enemy coding has changed along with alot of other things... not just flooring and walls...
Vague

Only to you...

hell the whole map is different...
Every crappy rip on BYOND "brags" about that

Calling my game crappy gets you no where... I will admit my old Matrix game i tried to make (off of your code) was crap... but not all of my games are...

I have put about a year into this game... and i still am working on it... I still work on all my old games too
You put a years worth of work into a game that was more-or-less already finished, and only managed to add a few new things? I probably built that entire original game in just a few months...

... JUST TRY THE DAMN DEMO... AND HELL ATLEAST IM NOT CHARGING MONEY FOR THE DAMNED GAME... AND ALSO... I NEVER HAD THE STROY VERSION OF YOUR SOURCE... ALL I HAD WAS THE FIRST (STRIPED DOWN) VERSION THAT WAS MISSING A SHITLOAD OF THINGS... NO STORY, NO AMMO PROC, NO GOLEMS, CRAWLERS, OR WHATEVER... JUST A HOSPITAL AND NORMAL ZOMBIES WITH THE OCCASIONAL ZOMBIE DOG...
Why do such people use "Iconer" as the term for Pixel Artist.

Hmm..
Naruto0727 wrote:
Why do such people use "Iconer" as the term for Pixel Artist.

Because you can't create Art inside of a 32x32 box with tools inferior to MS Paint's, and they're specifically creating BYOND icons.
SmashTiger wrote:
You should go on another game engine and advertise a different one to see how long you last.

Yes, if I was just some random noob, who went to some other engine to yell YOUR ENGINE SUCKS, then maybe it would be the appropriate response to ban me.

However, if I had been their top developer for years, had mastered every aspect of their engine, and was giving them very direct feedback on what sucks, and how they could fix it; Then maybe they should stop for a second, pull their heads out of their asses, and take a look at what needs improvement.
but the way you say it is what pisses them off... you gotta learn how to talk to people.... again... i mean look at this and compare to your more recent conversations...
http://straygames.3.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=1331

see how you used comedy and sarcasm to make people more relaxed...... now a days you are more demanding which makes people more aggressive to you...
if I had been their top developer for years, had mastered every aspect of their engine, and was giving them very direct feedback on what sucks, and how they could fix it

Don't you mean Masterdan?
Keeth wrote:
Don't you mean Masterdan?

What about Masterdan?
MasterDan wasn't a "Skilled" Programmer, he bearly updated any games and ditched most projects.

I hate to say but pretty much nobody here can be called a skilled programmer. Maybe skilled in DM but until they went through things like pointers and dynamic programming, they are not skilled in general.
SmashTiger wrote:
[...] things like pointers and dynamic programming, they are not skilled in general.

The only common programming languages that even use pointers are the C based ones. Pointers are a pretty fail concept IMO, and I can understand why every other competent programming language in existence has ditched them.

Dynamic Programming is only a concept. It could be employed in practically any programming language, and even in things that weren't programming related for that matter. Any competent programming would be putting the concept to use in DM.

I've programmed in countless other languages, the delusion that DM is magically easier is just ridiculous. The only language that I've found to be fundamentally more complex was C++, and there are others that are even easier than DM. Its all about which one you're most familiar with.
Wait did you just call pointers a fail concept? Java is the only one major language to not use them.

As far as DM being easier, it is. Try handling every single thing DM does for you in C. You will go ape-shit.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of DM. Hence why I don't develop in it. Also coupled with the fact that developing is my job, I would prefer to not develop as a hobby too. But to say DM and similar high level tools are just as complex as other languages is just ludicrous.
Falacy wrote:
SmashTiger wrote:
[...] things like pointers and dynamic programming, they are not skilled in general.

The only common programming languages that even use pointers are the C based ones. Pointers are a pretty fail concept IMO, and I can understand why every other competent programming language in existence has ditched them.

Dynamic Programming is only a concept. It could be employed in practically any programming language, and even in things that weren't programming related for that matter. Any competent programming would be putting the concept to use in DM.

I've programmed in countless other languages, the delusion that DM is magically easier is just ridiculous. The only language that I've found to be fundamentally more complex was C++, and there are others that are even easier than DM. Its all about which one you're most familiar with.

Ok. I am not a fan of DM, hence why I don't develop in it. Also the fact that I develop as a job, it would be overkill to do it as a job. But you are wrong.

1. Pointers are fail? Apparently you never used an array or list of any sort. Also Java is pretty much the only language to not use them and suffers from poor performance.
2. DM does make everything easier. Get your head out of your ass. I would love to see you do all the Socket programming required in C or Java.
Ok. I am not a fan of DM, hence why I don't develop in it. Also the fact that I develop as a job, it would be overkill to do it as a hobby. But you are wrong.

1. Pointers are fail? Apparently you never used an array or list of any sort. Also Java is pretty much the only language to not use them and suffers from poor performance.
2. DM does make everything easier. Get your head out of your ass. I would love to see you do all the Socket programming required in C or Java.
Ok. I am not a fan of DM, hence why I don't develop in it. Also the fact that I develop as a job, it would be overkill to do it as a hobby. But you are wrong.

Who says he isn't?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5