Gooseheaded wrote:
Falacy, the immature always-right attention troll.
At least we're all on the same page about me always being right.

You clearly don't dislike the BYOND engine, because you're still working with it. And you also clearly don't dislike the BYOND moderation because you're still in the community, which implies you've agreed to following the rules imposed by them.
Where are you getting that? I haven't made any community posts since this one, over 2 months ago. I also haven't released any game updates in that time, if not longer, something that used to be a weekly happening if not more often. I've also been releasing my sources, and working pretty heavily with Unity.

I also greatly enjoy the low level of professionalism, sensibility, or seriousness with which you handle the situation.
By making public knowledge of how incompetent the "higher ups" around here are?

You are using vocabulary and grammar similar to that of a 12 year old at times; how do you expect anyone to take you seriously with that sort of attitude?
Specifics? I come across more intelligent and understandable than anyone else I've ever seen around here, yourself included.

Also, I've come to realize that you think that most bans and "censorships" applied to you feel "personal" to you because you are one of the few people that have gone far enough as to deserve such actions; and the people that usually cross such lines are not worth knowing about, which is why no one knows about them. SilkWizard is an asshole, yes, and he is a great developer too, and while I do not like him one bit, I cannot deny that the posts from him that get featured or promoted are safe to read and informative. I'm quite sure that if he had crossed the line in any of his posts, Tom or any other moderator would not have published it. There'd be no reason to do so, really. No reason.
Practically every post on Silk's personal blog since the release of NEStalgia has been derogatory trolling @ the community. If he had made a single post equivalent to any of those towards the moderators, I guarantee he would have been banned on the spot. There are countless people who are far more disgraceful than I, on a more regular basis, but since they only attack community members, instead of moderators with ban access, nothing is ever done about them.

While I can only truly speak for myself, I think the community would greatly appreciate it if you changed you put yourself in others' shoes: you are not Tom's boss. You do not tell him what to do; much like I am not your boss and I cannot tell you what to do.
And yet here you are, telling me what to do. You prove your brilliance with every word.

You cannot work on the engine, you do not know how it works, and you won't ever work on it. Tom, on the other hand, does/is quite the opposite. Quite literally, in terms of engine tweaking and updating, he knows better.
I doubt Tom understands any part of the engine, or programming in general. As I've already pointed out, he's had to have every update handled by somebody else, now he's even paying someone a full time salary because he can't do it himself. The only reason I can't work on the engine is because he hasn't handed it to me. Otherwise, I pretty much guarantee I could do a better job than what is currently being done. Not that I would be willing to at this point.

Do not whine; provide. Do not emphasize problems: only emphasize problems as problems if they have viable and accessible solutions. Viability and accessibility rely heavily on a few points mentioned earlier (being able to work on the engine, talking to the person working on the engine).
What?

Do not expect a reply. I'm glad I could get off this chest, and (unlike you) I won't shove it down your throat.
Again, what?

If you're willing to reflect upon it, then great; otherwise, too bad. I have no reason to give you the benefit of doubt, since you have constantly demonstrated that you are not worthy of any serious attention or support, as you have not provided any of that serious attention or support recently (or, in my personal experience, ever).
I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but considering I've made the best games on BYOND for years, set the standards for everything, and have brought in more players than everything else on BYOND combined, I'm not sure if there's anything around here that I don't deserve.

The only reason you're even here, attempting to speak against me, is because I called you out for making a "game" which is basically just a compilation of other peoples work.

Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
Alot of people did respect him up until his recent attitude change (even I lost a majority of my respect for him)...
I'm so tired of you being a worthless noob. We were never best friends, as you seem to think. I don't even remember you.

no one forced him to act the way he has been acting...
Sure they did. Between having to babysit the 12 year olds that make up this community, and having to constantly deal with the incompetent people running the community, there's really no other way to act than pissed off and defensive.
Unity really isn't that great. It's not nearly as simple as BYOND. My brother was a college-freshman when he tried making a 2D game in Unity, it was nucking futz hard.

Though it was much smoother than BYOND could possibly be, it wasn't worth all of the work (While it still didn't even work completely).

P.S: Why don't you just leave? Is it really that hard? I've heard people say you left so many times, yet you still haven't gone to Unity yet... is it because it takes l33t skills just to make simple functioning 2D that BYOND comes packaged with?
Ill Im wrote:
Unity really isn't that great. It's not nearly as simple as BYOND. My brother was a college-freshman when he tried making a 2D game in Unity, it was nucking futz hard.
Unity is just as easy, if not easier to use than BYOND, and yields such vastly superior results that its no contest; Dunno what was wrong with your brother. The only part of Unity that I've found even remotely complicated is handling 3D Angles, and Unity actually helps simplify their use. I've already setup multiplayer, including simple to start server hosting, and a full server browser (all in-game). Chat. Movement (that's right, pixel movement). Camera controls (3rd person that can be zoomed into 1st person). Basic shooting mechanics. High quality physics (though those are pretty much built in, using NVIDIA PhysX). Multi-camera rendering. Various 3D models. Various textures. Lighting. A day/night cycle. Trees and grass that are dynamically effected by wind. Various special particle effects like snow, fire, smoke, etc. And plenty of other things. All in about two months, working alone, knowing next to nothing when I started, and majority of that time was spent learning. Only 9 billion more things to go.

P.S: Why don't you just leave? Is it really that hard? I've heard people say you left so many times, yet you still haven't gone to Unity yet...
You people really are dense. I have started working with Unity, and quit working with BYOND. Just because I waste a few minutes of my day responding to you morons on my topics doesn't mean that I'm still pouring countless hours into some BYOND game that will never amount to anything.

is it because it takes l33t skills just to make simple functioning 2D that BYOND comes packaged with?
BYOND doesn't come "packaged" with anything. You can't create a single in-game/mappable asset in BYOND without writing multiple lines of coding. In Unity, on the other hand, you could build an entire, beautiful looking 3D world without ever writing a single line of code. And again, unlike BYOND, Unity does actually come packaged with an entire example game, plus a full set of assets that you can jump right into using.
So basically, Tom took insults personally. Did I catch the main idea?
OrangeWeapons wrote:
So basically, Tom took insults personally. Did I catch the main idea?
If you consider blatantly constructive criticism insulting, then sure. He was the one attempting to insult me, but only accomplished making his own failures (like his inability to program or competently manage anything) even more obvious.
Love reading this blog. My daily juice of rant n rave. :)
I'm retarded ya!
Falacy wrote:
Gooseheaded wrote:
Falacy, the immature always-right attention troll.
At least we're all on the same page about me always being right.
ummm your not right... you were never right... and your just overeacting
You clearly don't dislike the BYOND engine, because you're still working with it. And you also clearly don't dislike the BYOND moderation because you're still in the community, which implies you've agreed to following the rules imposed by them.
Where are you getting that? I haven't made any community posts since this one, over 2 months ago. I also haven't released any game updates in that time, if not longer, something that used to be a weekly happening if not more often. I've also been releasing my sources, and working pretty heavily with Unity.
still waiting for CC2... since the source u gave me long ago had a defective and corrupt map
I also greatly enjoy the low level of professionalism, sensibility, or seriousness with which you handle the situation.
By making public knowledge of how incompetent the "higher ups" around here are?
What ever u say...
You are using vocabulary and grammar similar to that of a 12 year old at times; how do you expect anyone to take you seriously with that sort of attitude?
Specifics? I come across more intelligent and understandable than anyone else I've ever seen around here, yourself included.
... yay a back handed compliment and sarcasm...
Also, I've come to realize that you think that most bans and "censorships" applied to you feel "personal" to you because you are one of the few people that have gone far enough as to deserve such actions; and the people that usually cross such lines are not worth knowing about, which is why no one knows about them. SilkWizard is an asshole, yes, and he is a great developer too, and while I do not like him one bit, I cannot deny that the posts from him that get featured or promoted are safe to read and informative. I'm quite sure that if he had crossed the line in any of his posts, Tom or any other moderator would not have published it. There'd be no reason to do so, really. No reason.
Practically every post on Silk's personal blog since the release of NEStalgia has been derogatory trolling @ the community. If he had made a single post equivalent to any of those towards the moderators, I guarantee he would have been banned on the spot. There are countless people who are far more disgraceful than I, on a more regular basis, but since they only attack community members, instead of moderators with ban access, nothing is ever done about them.

While I can only truly speak for myself, I think the community would greatly appreciate it if you changed you put yourself in others' shoes: you are not Tom's boss. You do not tell him what to do; much like I am not your boss and I cannot tell you what to do.
And yet here you are, telling me what to do. You prove your brilliance with every word.

You cannot work on the engine, you do not know how it works, and you won't ever work on it. Tom, on the other hand, does/is quite the opposite. Quite literally, in terms of engine tweaking and updating, he knows better.
I doubt Tom understands any part of the engine, or programming in general. As I've already pointed out, he's had to have every update handled by somebody else, now he's even paying someone a full time salary because he can't do it himself. The only reason I can't work on the engine is because he hasn't handed it to me. Otherwise, I pretty much guarantee I could do a better job than what is currently being done. Not that I would be willing to at this point.

Do not whine; provide. Do not emphasize problems: only emphasize problems as problems if they have viable and accessible solutions. Viability and accessibility rely heavily on a few points mentioned earlier (being able to work on the engine, talking to the person working on the engine).
What?

Do not expect a reply. I'm glad I could get off this chest, and (unlike you) I won't shove it down your throat.
Again, what?
he is saying that he has disliked your attitude for a long time and since he has expressed his oppionon once... he will not do it again
If you're willing to reflect upon it, then great; otherwise, too bad. I have no reason to give you the benefit of doubt, since you have constantly demonstrated that you are not worthy of any serious attention or support, as you have not provided any of that serious attention or support recently (or, in my personal experience, ever).
I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but considering I've made the best games on BYOND for years, set the standards for everything, and have brought in more players than everything else on BYOND combined, I'm not sure if there's anything around here that I don't deserve.

The only reason you're even here, attempting to speak against me, is because I called you out for making a "game" which is basically just a compilation of other peoples work.

Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
Alot of people did respect him up until his recent attitude change (even I lost a majority of my respect for him)...
I'm so tired of you being a worthless noob. We were never best friends, as you seem to think. I don't even remember you.
then your just a fuckhead... everyone else I accociated with seems to remember me...
no one forced him to act the way he has been acting...
Sure they did. Between having to babysit the 12 year olds that make up this community, and having to constantly deal with the incompetent people running the community, there's really no other way to act than pissed off and defensive.
STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND LIVE UP TO YOUR ACTIONS
Lol, derp... Strai is awesome!!! I think the sub. is a litle much but other then that the games you make are great. As for NES that game sucks cow balls :\, I have no idea why people play it so much... Oh wait no I see a bunch of advertising to it... So yea, Strai = Great games, Tom = Cow Balls.
LILJEFF wrote:
Lol, derp... Strai is awesome!!! I think the sub. is a litle much but other then that the games you make are great. As for NES that game sucks cow balls :\, I have no idea why people play it so much... Oh wait no I see a bunch of advertising to it... So yea, Strai = Great games, Tom = Cow Balls.

im going to assume that Strai has brainwashed you in some way... 'SOMEBODY GET ME AN OLD PRIEST AND A YOUNG PRIEST!!!" "THE POWER OF JORDAN COMPELS YOU!!!!"
anyway... i dont like Nestalga either... nor do i like any of strais newer games (besides paradise City)... nor his attitude as of late... his old games were top notch and he was more supportive of the community (wasnt quick to E-RAGE someone just because...)
soo there ya have it. my views on your post
@Gogeta

Were his old games really top notch? I believe he mentioned at some point in time how poorly coded some of his older games were. Maybe it was my imagination~

First, note the way he is treated by the BYOND community. Take a look at the Mods + Tom too :3

Also, take a little look at the ol community and compare it to the one Falacy currently has <3

Take a guess why he E-ragez ;p

Another reason he E-ragez is due to the lack of girls for him to interact (cyber) with on our forums.

So who is Falacy? o.o
a guy who want to make game's
Uchiha Alex wrote:
So who is Falacy? o.o

Falacy is Falacy :p
Falacy is someone who used to make great games here on beyond and well I used to play them that's all.
Andyextreme42king wrote:
Uchiha Alex wrote:
So who is Falacy? o.o

Falacy is Falacy :p

:O

This is horrendous. From an outside perspective it is completely obvious that Tom handled this better out of the two, and Falacy is basically a complete 'troll' so to speak. Even at the end, he was able to be the bigger man and break off the confrontation. It seems like Strai or whatever he wants to be called has been pestering and blatantly insulting the creators of a free program just because they aren't updating as he would like and giving him special treatment for making good games on their programming system.
You must have been reading it wrong
Falacy?! What Happend To DualZ?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5