ID:112428

Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Copied from BYOND Features.

HiroTDK: "Apparently, when you download updates, it only changes the files on your end that are different and adds whatever isn't. It will not get rid of old files that are not in the new version."

Kuraudo: "If you create a library with file "somefile.dm" and later release an update to where "somefile.dm" no longer exists, the file will remain on the end-users hard drive (albeit unincluded from the project).

It would be more elegant I think if, before installing the new files, all of the old files were deleted. Then the contents of the update could simply be extracted to the directory and all would be well."

Something else I've noticed is that demo associations and start files will not update if changed between versions. Example: 'About.dm' was not the "Start File" in version one. In version two, it is. If you have version one on your computer and update to version two, 'About.dm' will not open up as the "Start File." The same goes for "Demo Files" as well.
Attention get.
This would be nice to have. It can really cause problems if you remove a file from a demo. The old file will still be there and people won't know not to include it, so it could cause the demo to not compile.
In response to Forum_account
But if you changed the DME to not include the file (ie removing the file or unticking) it would not cause problems since it wouldn't be ticked on the users machine.

Still not an excuse this feature is a good one to have.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
But if you changed the DME to not include the file (ie removing the file or unticking) it would not cause problems since it wouldn't be ticked on the users machine.

That's fine for the files that are part of the library because people will leave those alone. The problem is for demos because users will tick/untick those.
It is also a problem for help files because those don't seem to update properly with name changes and what not.
In response to Forum_account
True I didn't think of that :).