ID:1124445

I'm a huge fan of FailedFate 0: Before the Chaos, its the only game ive ever subscribed to! i was hosting it off my main laptop and, Well i basically had host powers when logging in Via DreamDaemon. I have an old laptop that runs ubunto on it and i was sucessfully able to get dreamdaemon running on their. I was sucessfully able to start hosting the game, but i dont ever intend to play from (old laptop, host machine). When i log in from my main laptop I do not get the Host(Gm powers in game). I thought i did it correctly when i put my key in the admin.txt file in the same directory as the .dmb file.(actually, created the directory as per directions in host help files, more specifically .byond/cfg/admin.txt). i thought that step whould make me the gm, but its not the case. Any Help or feedback is appreciated!
This isn't Linux related, if you are hosting on another machine which isn't localhost or 127.0.0.1, you will not have admin powers, regardless of the admin.txt (in my findings)

You might want to edit your savefile on the game?

Or see if the game creates any files in regards to the GM verbs.

I was about to make a post on this to the feature requests, a linux host should be able to specify a key to set as the localhost login so 127.0.0.1 would = A.T.H.K or ckey athk and in turn make myself the "host".

Some think that this is up to the developer, but not in some cases a host may get certain verbs because they are the host and may require certain verbs like start game or similar.
If i were to log in to DreamSeeker Via Wine on the host machine whould that grant GM Powers?
Should do!, if you can get it working that is, some people have had good luck with it I for one have but that was years ago.