ID:112524

Keywords: roses
Where do you kids all chat these days? When Chatters moved to the The Saloon, we seemed to lose visibility of a fairly well populated chat program, and with it quite a few regular chatter types.

In particular I'm interested to hear where you guys would go (aside from the usual forums etc) if you needed a quick bit of help debugging something, some design philosophy talk, discussions on which library is better etc?

Lurkers like me gotta lurk, and have no-where to do so that has new developers popping in and saying hi now. =(
Meh, There's some new place. I really forgot but I saw a couple peeps in there. Alot of Developers.

I'll get back to you with the name if I find it.
That'd be great, cheers!
Whenever it's hosted, I sit in Conversator by Ghtry. So far it appears to be the best-written chat program.
Trillian.
I'm interested in this as well. What are our most popular chrooms right now?
I haven't really been in The Saloon much lately. Whenever I do log in every single person is AFK.

Whenever I have debug problem I'll usually bounce a few things off D4RK3 54B3R, but when he's offline I roll up my sleeves and start digging through the forum archives. Now that I think about it, there isn't really "go to" place for developers to chat anymore. It's all kinda fragmented and disorganized.
There was one. I just forgot the name, but I've only visited it once.

There were plenty developers in there, and they were active and chatting, only a few AFK.

I just can't remember the blasted name.
Teka Co Chat. That's where I go(Not like I'm an important person or w/e). But I chat with several developers or programmers there.
I go to teka co chat but there all AFK there and the saloon is ok but i like to see a new chat
I don't feel like we need any more chats, we just need one to be done properly and hosted enough to make a difference. There are a million of them on the hub.

Also

trillian
One chat room to unite them all....

But yeah, whenever I pop online I've also noticed the old guys aren't usually around so I just leave. So I guess still lurkin'.
Kalzar wrote:
One chat room to unite them all....

a.k.a. TRC, which is designed to do just that if people were so inclined.

i.e. People logged into Teka Co Chat could be communicating with people in The Saloon, who may be chatting with people in Perdita or players in FFO or any other TRC-linked game/program.
Iain had a similar concept with ... that thing, whose name I cannot remember. =|

You people need more memorable project names, rename TRC to "Explosions and Badass" or something.
Stephen001 wrote:
Iain had a similar concept with ... that thing, whose name I cannot remember. =|

You people need more memorable project names, rename TRC to "Explosions and Badass" or something.

Artemis.

Edit: I was going to link to it but it appears to be come from the hub now. Huh.
I'd go to my msn messenger list.

LordAndrew wrote:
Artemis.

Good times. If that was still around and active, I'd go there.
Stephen001 wrote:

ARTEMIS!!!

Kai and I have a server for that. Talk to him about getting it up and running. Other than that, I recommend Conversator. When it's hosted, I, along with a few other developers, hang out there regularly, and help out new developers as they pop in and out.
I still have the source code for Artemis, don't know how old it is though.
Artemis had a connection issue I never fully - You know what? Long explanation not needed, just use Gaku's TRC. It works.
TRC doesn't have the brand name of Chatters or the style points of Artemis.
Page: 1 2