ID:112652

Keywords: 3d, demos, element, true
After playing so many mmo's I've been trying to make True Element 3D! That would be hard being that the foundation is already far into the making. Too bad no? Well I do wanna add a zoom in and out system for it. That wouldn't be too hard. Just wish BYOND would make another view though. Anyway this is just a pitch/idea, but we all know how BYOND allows us to switch views, Isometric, and Top Down. Well what if there was another view called, IDK something like
"3D Plane". Where the map would be placed in a ONE POINT PERSPECTIVE. And many vars that correspond with that. Like per_dist(client)(params= targ,dist) would show how many tiles away from the specific target the camera would be. All turfs are FLAT. And objects, atoms, and mobs icons stand up as the icon shows it. And maybe a world var called horizon, how many tiles can the player see. And a client var called sky, which is an obj that is placed in the empty space passed the horizon, but that can also be done using client.screen so I don't really know.
This is just an idea by the way. I've already searched the forums for ideas like this, everyones saying it can't be done, whatever. I'll just try to do it. I've posted this idea so other people can try. Hopefully I can get a demo around. But until then I'll just try to update True Element with some of these 3D features. See how it goes. It's always nice to try something new. Really pushes BYOND forward.
Darn shame, but I guess I could try to implement as many 3D-ish features as I can.
In resposne to Yut Put:
*cough* *cough* *hack*
Gakumerasara:
In resposne to Yut Put:
*cough* *cough* *hack*

Wow! That's awesome, It's like an exact example of the coding I mentioned.