This is great of you and I commend anyone that donates their money when they're receiving nothing in return, other than the feeling that you've helped someone out.

I'm not sure how anyone can fault that kind of kindness. I find it disappointing that you've received 4 nays after pledging to donate $500 to BYOND once you're able. I hope it's because they believe you won't follow through on your promise and not that you're "wasting" money - the community continues to exist because of the people that purchase BYOND memberships. =)

Although, I do believe you can use your money in a more positive way to benefit both yourself and BYOND. I remember reading an old post of yours that stated you're trying to save to commission an artist for a project you're working on - why not put this money towards that? Even if you're already planning to save for your project as well as donate, the extra $500 would score you extra content which would hopefully lead to an increase in subscriptions as well.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with your hard earned cash!

Akriloth wrote:
you can sign this key up

^:)
Leonardo_da_vinci The Great wrote:
Now you have to deserve it. Poor people surely work hard to get free clothing and or food. Not trying to be an asshole, but if the man likes giving why should it matter who it goes to? We don't say "If this poor man works for it I'll give it to him..", no, we provide it for him because there is such a kindness deep down in some of our hearts. I.e; DungeonDan

We give poor people clothes and food because they are the needs in someone's life. We don't give them money however, because they will likely abuse it(Ex: Alcohol). The same concept applies here: All these little kids who only play anime rips and other crappy things who get memberships...don't ever contribute to the community. They either play around with their blog or use it to make another retarded rip. Therefore, the people who are actually going to make good use of the membership should get it, as is common sense.
I just hope to bring more games and more fun to byond and on they artist note i decided to learn how to do my on turfs so until then
A wise man once said.. give to those who will give something back.

Chapter 2, line 15 in the Tekonian bible states:
The Tekonian's had made many a mistake upon giving worldy good's to all he could, but upon receiving those good's it would only create sin and corruption and negligence.
To repent these actions, The Tekonians sought out the wise, and the wise chose the righteous ones.
Teka123 wrote:
A wise man once said.. give to those who will give something back.

Chapter 2, line 15 in the Tekonian bible states:
The Tekonian's had made many a mistake upon giving worldy good's to all he could, but upon receiving those good's it would only create sin and corruption and negligence.
To repent these actions, The Tekonians sought out the wise, and the wise chose the righteous ones.

Teka you gave me the best way to go about doing this then
Page: 1 2