ID:1130196

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
It seems that Dream Maker is holding on to a memory or cache for maps and if those maps are modified outside of Dream Maker (dmm_suite, for example) and then pressing refresh or update in the editor still does not reload the file from disk.

The feature request is for expected behavior, updating or refreshing actually updates (reloads the map, now that it has changed).
"Update" updates the object tree (without a full compile, iirc), and "Refresh" refreshes the file tree. If you want to reload the map, you'll have to close it and reopen it. I guess what you want is effectively a "Revert" option, but I'm not sure how many people would find it useful.

How often are you editing the map file externally?
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
"Update" updates the object tree (without a full compile, iirc), and "Refresh" refreshes the file tree. If you want to reload the map, you'll have to close it and reopen it. I guess what you want is effectively a "Revert" option, but I'm not sure how many people would find it useful.

How often are you editing the map file externally?

I am building an in-game map editor which does some calculations dream maker's map editor won't (like calculating autojoin / autotile information, and saving that to DMM file so that no further processing is necessary).

Like you said, I have to close the map and re-open it in order to see the changes after running the in-game map editor. The request would be very low priority albeit useful in this situation.