ID:113150

Not a bug
BYOND Version:482
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.17
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The game will randomly and for long amounts of time (Months) decide to only accept double clicking as an input for a single click. This unfortunately breaks the game beyond playability.
Reinstalling everything didn't help either.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Unkown

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Always
In other games?
No
In other user accounts?
Only my accounts it seems
On other computers?
Unknown

When does the problem NOT occur?
At random times.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I've tried earlier versions but it doesn't help
Workarounds:
Don't know of any.
We have to treat this as a bug in the game itself, not BYOND, because 1) this isn't known to happen in other games, amd 2) the fact that this seems to happen at random means it can't be reproduced on a reliable basis anyway.

The only suggestion I would have if there's an actual BYOND bug involved is to carefully note if there are any drag/drop/click actions that always happen just before the issue appears. Either your comptuer, the game code, or Dream Seeker is getting into a weird state.

I'm not sure what you mean about "months" though. If you mean literally months, then I would have to assume you're closing DS and opening a new session at some point. If the problem persists on the same server after you close and reopen DS, then we are definitely not dealing with a BYOND bug.