ID:113253

BYOND Version:482
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 8.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary: When I tried to join Space Station 13, the downloading resources window opened up, everything was running fine. However, once it got to 40% it froze, I have tried it about 10 times now and it always freezes at about 40%. Possibly it has something to do with the fact that I use dial-up connection? I'm not sure. But I also have a small icon that tells me if my connection is being used for anything, and whenever the download stopped, so did my connection use, which means that my computer just stopped downloading it or something...

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: 1: Log into BYOND, 2: Navigate to the RPG Games, 3: Join a Space Station 13 server.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? -- Every time so far
In other games? -- No
In other user accounts? -- Yes
On other computers? -- Only have one other to test it on, and that one's internet is even slower...

When does the problem NOT occur? -- It hasn't not occured.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? -- Haven't tried other versions.

I was unable to verify this in a simple test. The server I tested was quite slow but the download did complete properly. We need more information to look into this properly, including the address of the server that has this problem (or if all of them have it).

When making bug reports please also be sure to add text after the closing </b> tags, not inside them, for readability.
i have the same problem and what i think would help solve the problem - i believe you've tried this for a while back aswell, starting the game but either you lost your connection or close the "downloading resources" window or anything similar.

what i think can solve this problem is to locate where the games get saved, clearly it cant be in the my documents folder named byond and neither where you selected to install the game because reinstalling dosn't solve this problem, ive been scratching my head for a while and the solution ive come up with is to either -

locate where the games get saved and delete the folder to get a completely fresh download of the game

get someone to share their folders including the downloaded game (i want nff - only game not working for me) so fellas? help us out?