ID:113343

I've been getting these sorts of things for a while now, but I thought I'd pass along a word of warning anyway:

Ahead Financial Group Pty Ltd
23-25 Forest Rd, Arncliffe,
NSW, 2000, Australia.

Hello,
my name is John Miller and I am Ahead Financial Group hiring manager. We have found and carefully reviewed your CV at Careerbuilder, and we would like to consider you for the position of Funds Transfer Administrator within Ahead Financial Group Pty Ltd.

Key responsibilities
1. Route and input all payment instructions received by mail, fax or electronically in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Control workflow on a daily basis to ensure deadlines are adhered.
3. Monitor and control of required reports.
4. Basic knowledge of online payment systems.
5. Excellent communication skills.

Salary & Benefits
1. You will be paid a basic salary of 2500 USD per month.
2. You will benefit from the commissions, which are 5-7% of each transaction.
Normally the amounts that we process vary from 2,000 USD to 10,000 USD, but can go higher on special occasions.

Why we need Funds Transfer Administrators

When buying-selling operations via the Internet are concerned, the buyer and the seller don’t know each other and are placed in different corners of the world. Therefore, it is important both to the buyer and the seller for their transaction to be made safely. Payment security means receiving money concerning the transaction by a reliable, experienced, impartial person - our Funds Transfer Administrator. He will hold all the money until all the terms of the deal are satisfied and only then release them to the intended receiver. Please, visit our web-site for more information.

Having a Funds Transfer Administrator in every country we can quickly transfer funds inside a country without wasting time on the international bank transfers, and continue our rapid growth rather than overwhelming our own bank account with inbound and outbound transactions leading to severe hold times and possible service interruption. It is time that is of significant importance to our clients.

The main task of the Funds Transfer Administrator will be receiving money transactions to any bank account he would like to use for the purposes of this job; and then forwarding these transactions to the next party of the process according to our instructions. Funds Transfer Administrator will be processing approximately 1-2 transactions per week.

If you are ready to proceed, please reply to this e-mail and our hiring manager Stephen Holmes will contact you shortly.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information.

--
Yours Sincerely,
John Miller,
Ahead Financial Group.

It seems that CareerBuilder is endemic to these sorts of scams for some reason. This is called a money transfer scam, but it is a more interesting variant which would be more typical of say, craig's list.

http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2009/07/21/ how-money-transfer-scams-work/

For kicks try out Ahead Financial Group's website. It looks like something I would have made when I was 14: http://www.ahead.net.au/
Wow.
got them before they dont FOOL me hahahaha
That's probably the most clever scam I've ever seen. Of course, it's not too difficult to get that award, but still.
I'd say you're right Jeff, this is a more clever scam than usual, but it should be possible to recognize this kind of scam by its pattern now as I've seen a number of variations of the same basic idea. It might require a person to be studious to recognize the indicators like "too good to be true" and the fact that he says how much money he will pay up front, but the fact that it involves transferring funds on behalf of someone else was a dead give away for me.
Use blockquote tags instead of dm tags. Makes it easier to read.
Good point.