ID:113368

Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I try to log in to any game as any key, I log in as a guest. This happens no matter what I do or how I approach playing. I've been playing for years now and I know how to correctly log in.

The blue window that pops up when loading a game is still open when whichever game I choose opens, s/ And if I close the pop-upwindow, I consequently close the game. ( I can minimize it without closing the game though, which lets me play, but its a strange detail to this bug that could be important for me to add. )

Also it takes much longer for games to load, sometimes even up to ten minutes.

I tried the following to try to solve this problem.
1. Redownloaded Byond twice
2. Deleted Config files.
3. Rebooted my computer.
4. Tried to log in as different keys,
5. Tried to log in from the website and the pager, still nothing.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Every Game
In other user accounts? Every Account
On other computers? Probably not.

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

Logging in as a Guest:
Games and people really don't treat guests well at all. Some of my favorite games, (like space station 13) I can't even log into as a guest, and others either the players treat you like crap or you don't have fully functional features.

Not only is this very inconvenient to me, I see that, in some cases, games could be scaring away potential byond players the way they treat guests. (Albeit, its probably due to people trolling over guest accounts)
The problem is not BYOND; it's your firewall configuration. Dream Seeker can't talk to the pager to verify your identity, so therefore it logs you in as a guest.