ID:113392

I spent yesterday and today thinking up of new ideas again because of one simple problem: I couldn't get the same look and feel of DF mainly because of the size of the sprites, which I just fixed about 20 minutes ago.

Basically, if you pay attention to DF, you'll see that its not 32x32. It's terribly hard to pull off some DF-ish graphics in 32x32. I didn't know I could change the size and the map and all that to accommodate smaller size sprites, so now everything is 15x15 and it looks great!

I am still in the process of drawing and making ideas for the game. My biggest struggle is still trying to determine how I will make the game both single and multiplayer. But anyway, I should have some screenshots ready by the end of this week. I'll possibly have atleast the building aspect done by then too.

BTW, Gnome Castle is what I named it. Just a variation of "Dwarf Fortress".
Blatant rip-offage of Dwarf Fortress with the name there, by the way.
Might want to change that.
Oasiscircle wrote:
Blatant rip-offage of Dwarf Fortress with the name there, by the way.
Might want to change that.

BTW, Gnome Castle is what I named it. Just a variation of "Dwarf Fortress".

Directly said that was the point of naming it that, so I think that's a valid excuse.

By the by, why not use the same/similar style of sprites that you used for Voxles? Flan Base sounds fun, heh.
The sprites actually do look like Voxles now that I think about it. They only difference is that they have beards ( to look more gnome/dwarf-ish. )
Yes can't wait for this