ID:113539

Poll: What kind of games do you play?

Survival/Action 42% (3)
Strategy 14% (1)
Anime/Fan-game 42% (3)
Icon/Chatting 0% (0)
Other 0% (0)

The polls are now closed.

Ok. I will first off say that I do not hate fan-games. Nor do I wish for all fan-games in general to dissapear. This is just my opinion and a question.

Basically, a fangame is a game based on another game, television show, cartoon/anime/manga, etc. that is either completly aligned to what its based upon or given a different style depending on who made the game.

The reason why I dislike a lot of fangames is because they tend to use common or ripped icons/sprites. If you are going to make a non-original game, then they have to use non-original graphics, correct? =/

Also, many of them are very poorly made, giving the thing its based off of a bad name. Example?

Look at EVERY Naruto, Bleach, and Pokemon game on BYOND right now. You will find over 100 hubs, almost all of them either long inactive or very crappy.

Because for every new fan game thats put up, a kitten dies.

http://www.weirdthings.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ kill-the-cat.jpg

Also, there are the rips. Why must people steal icons to make their games? Games like "Cowed Evolutions" and "Biohazard" obviously use resources/graphics from other games, yet all that happens is that their hubs are unlisted. Doesn't stop their mass pages or mass advertising.

http://datbase.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/fail.jpg

If original games like NEStalgia and the success/money it brings in does not persuade to you to try and make an game based off your own ideas and using your own icons, then nothing will.

Someone tell me why this happens.
Masterdarwin88
Online: Resident Evil Online
------------------------------------
"Someone tell me why this happens."
People play them.
Lmao, GX. I didn't say I didn't like fangames. I'm asking why some of the recent ones are rips of old, fail ones and why they cannot make original games?

Also, REO was made in, like, 2005 and last updated 2007, and its a fairly dull, inactive game. I'm only on there to talk.
And this is why morons like you don't know what they're talking about. Not "Every" fan game is the same. There are some who make their own graphics, programming, etc.

"Look at EVERY Naruto, Bleach, and Pokemon game on BYOND right now." <-- You should try looking again. There aren't many but there are a few who will prove you wrong.
I like action games, but imparticularly, Byond would be best for chatting and turn-based games. As for the fanmade games, theres good ones out there such as Pokemon Bloodstone and Pokemon Aurora. Too bad PBS is down... Anyway, I do agree that most fan-made games are crappy though. I'd rather see a good game with good, more original graphics, and it's own feel rather than see a game with ripped icons, coding, etc...
MDC wrote:
And this is why morons like you don't know what they're talking about. Not "Every" fan game is the same. There are some who make their own graphics, programming, etc.

"Look at EVERY Naruto, Bleach, and Pokemon game on BYOND right now." <-- You should try looking again. There aren't many but there are a few who will prove you wrong.

You are probabaly correct, but that doesn't make me an idiot. I am talking in general, since there will be little to no exceptions. No active fangames, especially anime games, will have completly original turf, objects, etc.

And lol Ipeer.
I apologize for calling you a moron, I'm just tired of all the anime/fan game hate that's been here for a while. There are a couple of games who do have their own icons, programming, etc. You just have to find them.
Alright. I understand.

Still, with FUN's little thing with BYOND and this new RSC Extractor becoming available to noobs, the newest anime/fan-games are pretty lame in my opinion.

More proof: http://i52.tinypic.com/2cib629.jpg