Event Feb 1 2013, 6:00 pm
to Feb 15 2013, 6:00 pm
ID:1137153

Keywords: bravo1, evil, gi2w, vacuum
Hello everyone!

As previously mentioned before, I will be hosting a competition running from Saturday February 2nd at 12:00AM to Saturday February 16th at 12:00AM

The contest will be judged by a panel to be decided, and competitors can be on the panel, but they can't vote for their own game.

Keeping in the spirit of Oasiscircle's events, there will be three themes of which at least one must be included in the game to be accepted as an entry.

The Rules:

-At least one of three TBA themes
-The game must have a final goal
-It must be playable from start to finish
-Libraries are allowed
-The code and content must be 100% original (except libraries of course)
-Working in teams is allowed
-Must be created and finished within the allotted timeframe.

Judging:

The judging will run on a scale of 1/10 in these categories:

-Gameplay
-Graphics
-Audio
-Story
-Theme Relevance

Theme relevance will judge how well you incorporated one, or more, themes into your game. If the game includes a theme but does not focus on it, then it will lose points!

Bonus points: Multi-Themed

For each theme the "Theme Relevance" score will be redone, meaning a maximum of 30 points just for great theme inclusion!

Prizes:

First Place - $50
Second Place - $30
Third Place - $20

Special Prize: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare for Steam

The special prize is awarded to the most notable entry, whether it's good or bad, if it makes an impression, it gets the special prize!

All entries will be send to [email protected] and must be entered before the due date.

Judging will conclude two weeks after the competition ends.

Themes:

Space

Horror

Sidescroller

remember, it can be any one of the three or a combinations!

Good Luck!

Current Competitors:

Falcon Lazorz
Makeii
Carnage Productions
Oasiscirlce
Magnum2k
Vrocaan
Vixiv
Gooseheaded
Magicsofa
Jemai1
Trueseeker
Higoten
Flick
Gland Mopa
LethalTeen
Dariuc
Bumblemore
Hiro the Dragon King
Chwgt
Then I don't mind picking up another $10 steam game. =D

You have to prove you already have Chivalry though... BY BESTING ME IN MEDIEVAL COMBAT!! YEEEARGGHHHH
wait so what if people cheat and start now instead of feb 2nd
In response to Bumblemore
Bumblemore wrote:
wait so what if people cheat and start now instead of feb 2nd

There are themes set to be announced at the start of the event. This helps weed out most of those who'll start now.
In response to Calus CoRPS
that makes sense
i'm looking forward to SUN 2 :)
Another contest so soon? oh well good luck to all of you.
Excellent. :D
I think i may enter this.
i might..
I'll enter! Woo, can't wait! :)
In response to Oasiscircle
The only time you have gotten a chance at winning!
Totes joining or something.
Entering.
I figured I'g gives you guys a lengthy heads up. I noticed a lot of people had no clue about the last one until like 2 days before it ended (their own fault for not checking the contests board but whatever)

This hopefully nets more competitors.

As for people working ahead of time: Until the themes come out it's not really possible to start work on it ahead of time. If it is, it'll be kind of obvious to tell when the theme doesn't fit the game.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
As for people working ahead of time: I will check the file creation dates, if anything is before Feb 2nd it will be disqualified =P

Easily spoofed ;)
In response to Bravo1
Honestly I didn't ever check that, using really specific themes seems to do the job rather well.
wat if u use old icons Or they gotta be new. ._.
Well as OC said, it doesn't really matter if the themes are done well enough. They should be, they're fairly specific.
Don't lie to the people. You knave.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12