ID:113723

Do you have an existing side-scroller project you've been sitting on or perhaps you have a great idea for a really good side-scroller?

I'm looking for a BYOND project that can be written specifically for the flash client in mind. That means no interface outside of the map.

The selected project will be taken under the PopLava wing and every effort will be made by PopLava to make it awesome, published, and marketed. I will attempt to build a team around the project and throw whatever resources I can into getting it done.

A good and fair deal will be arranged with the person who brings the original project/idea to the table. Hopefully you (and some skill) come with it but that's not necessary.

My goal is more about going the distance with a solid concept and less about everything else.

The door isn't necessarily closed to other genres if you have a great idea that sits on the medium project size (no rpg's, mmo, and etc) and has potential for attracting a large mass of people.

Start considering a partnership with PopLava if you haven't already. I will be forming a team around one very simple goal. Get medium size projects to market as quickly as possible.

Sounds like a good offer, too bad what you expect/looking for is out of my hands.
I've always thought that this would be a fun online game, if it were completed.
This was my sidescroller project, up until I had a class to worry about again. Not really a full design, just a todo list, really. I have some source code here, too.
tl;dr multiplayer portal-based game with different features to offer.
umm i had a few Blorp and Monkey Mayhem but both were put on back burners becuase of lack of team

I think blorp had a more sound set up you escape for a space pyrites ship trying to get to they escape pods to get back to your home planet simple idea that can have alot done to it to make each lvl very diff from one another and haveing a big space battle at they end would be cool here is a link to a video of what we had http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrV3zGrAz8Y
Calus CoRPS wrote:
I've always thought that this would be a fun online game, if it were completed.

That is a neat game. I need to spend some more time thinking about it's potential. It did not capture my personal interests due to the early level difficulties I had. I'll spend some more time with it though.
DivineTraveller wrote:
This was my sidescroller project, up until I had a class to worry about again. Not really a full design, just a todo list, really. I have some source code here, too.
tl;dr multiplayer portal-based game with different features to offer.

I'm familiar with your work on this project. I was in the same competition and have a similar project based on the pixel movement library. It was only natural to extend his neat demo at the time. This project is more of a puzzle project vs a side scrolling game though. :)
DungeonDan wrote:
umm i had a few Blorp and Monkey Mayhem but both were put on back burners becuase of lack of team

I think blorp had a more sound set up you escape for a space pyrites ship trying to get to they escape pods to get back to your home planet simple idea that can have alot done to it to make each lvl very diff from one another and haveing a big space battle at they end would be cool here is a link to a video of what we had http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrV3zGrAz8Y

Sort of looks like ET a little bit. :)

The demo doesn't provide a whole lot in terms of game play so its tough to see the potential.

If you end up doing more work on it, I'll check it out again.