Smooth Transitions

by ExPixel
Use this library to give your interface controls smooth transitions from colors, sizes, and positions.
ID:113763

v1.3.0
-Added a cleaner looking demo, made it cooler lookin'.

v1.2.1
- Minor changes made to the source.

v1.2.0
#Added#
controlAlphaTo(Player, control, new_alpha, speed=1, velocity=0, delay=1)
-Change the alpha of a control (currently only supports windows due to BYOND's limitations at the moment.)

v1.1.0
#Added#
controlMoveTo(player, control, new_x=0, new_y=0, speed=1, velocity=0, delay=1)
-Move the control on player's interface
controlSizeTo(player, control, new_width=0, new_height=0, speed=10, velocity=1, delay=1)
-Resize the control on player's interface
controlColorTo(player, control, new_color, speed=1, velocity=0, delay=1)
-Recolor the control on player's interface
controlTextColorTo(player, control, new_color, speed=1, velocity=0, delay=1)
-Recolor the control's text on player's interface
Very impressive. Great work.
The demo should be simpler. It should show how to use the library, not show how to use prob(). If you want to show examples of how to make transitions happen in different orders, make separate verbs and explain it clearly. I should have to add one line of code to use these transitions in my game and the demo should make it clear what that line of code is.

The demo should also show more practical things. I never needed a proc to randomly resize or recolor buttons, so at a glance I have no use for this. The input window is a good example, I'm sure you can find good examples for other events.

Also, you might want to make the "delay" parameter for all of your transition procs default to world.tick_lag instead of 1.
Great Job.Looks great.
Forum_account wrote:
The demo should be simpler. It should show how to use the library, not show how to use prob(). If you want to show examples of how to make transitions happen in different orders, make separate verbs and explain it clearly. I should have to add one line of code to use these transitions in my game and the demo should make it clear what that line of code is.

The demo should also show more practical things. I never needed a proc to randomly resize or recolor buttons, so at a glance I have no use for this. The input window is a good example, I'm sure you can find good examples for other events.

Also, you might want to make the "delay" parameter for all of your transition procs default to world.tick_lag instead of 1.

Tried to add some comments and made the demo smaller.
Nice one! May use in future.