- Create a [TO BE ANNOUNCED!] game in 60 days or less.
- Prize Pool:
- 1st Place - $100.00 paid via PayPal or memberships - 25000 Resource Center Silver - 2nd Place - 25000 Resource Center Silver - 3rd Place - 10000 Resource Center Silver - BYOND Member Choice - 25000 Resource Center Silver - PopLava Choice Award - An offer may be extended to one entry where PopLava would offer to act as an investor, contributor, publisher, and promoter. The details of this offer will be provided to the winner of the award. The primary objective would be to organize a significant effort (devs, artists, and other resources) to help drive the game to a polished and published state. If an offer is made and accepted, it will be announced. - How Donations Work: - Donations will be split evenly among 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and BYOND Member Choice awards. Please send donations to firstname.lastname@example.org (PayPal) and specify Donation in the description. Every little bit adds up and helps motivate our devs. If a Poplava Choice Award is offered and the game is published, your name will show up in the game credits as sponsors and I will make every effort to include you in any additional rewards.
- Must be a [TO BE ANNOUNCED] game as defined by [LINK]. - Map only (no interfaces outside of the map, supporting a future in flash) - Must be a multi-player game. Flash based clients require a server so single player games don't make a lot of sense. - Has not been released as a finished game. If it was released as a demo, example, or even in a previous competition, it's still eligible. If you have any doubts, ask. - Has not taken 1st place in another competition. - Team captains decide how money is distributed. - I'm not responsible for ensuring your ability to receive the prizes. If your country doesn't receive Paypal, that is your problem to solve. - The official judge is tsfreaks. - Source code submissions aren't necessary. - Entries can be hubs or links to .zip/.dmb files which are emailed or posted to the judge (email@example.com) - Use whatever libraries you want - Resource Center Silver awards are non-transferable. (i.e. no withdrawing) - 100% original or legally usable assets (code, sounds, art, images, etc). Submissions with ripped off works are ignored.
- Rules Disclaimer:
- If there is a gap in the rules that you are not sure about, please ask and I will clarify. I reserve the right to modify or add new rules to the competition to preserve the spirit of the competition (more specifically to avoid cheating!). Don't make the mistake of submitting an entry with a questionable loop-hole in the rules just to have it rejected.
- Judging Categories:
- Fun (1-10) - Interface (1-10) - Overall Creativity (1-10) - Theme (1-10) - Puzzles and Challenges (1-10) - Control (1-10) - Level Design (1-10) - Potential (1-10) - Wow (1-10) - Note: There will be no official scoring on Audio, Glitz, or Polish in order to promote more effort in other categories. Make no mistake, those things can certainly influence a judge even though they are not scored.
- June 6th: - Provide time for questions, clarifications, and sponsors. - Official Start Date - Genre/Theme announced - August 7th: - Deadline is at midnight - No extensions and no exceptions. - August 21st - Peoples choice awards complete - Judging complete - Results published - Prizes distributed throughout that week as quickly as possible.
Connect: Resource Center