ID:113943

BYOND Version:482
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Firefox 4.0.1
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Duplicates:id:122649
Descriptive Problem Summary:
OnResize() is not called on computers running Windows 7 when the game screen is docked.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
On a Windows 7 machine, dock the game window on the edge of your screen.
Resize the window while leaving it docked.

Expected Results:
OnResize() should be called.

Actual Results:
OnResize() is not called.

When does the problem NOT occur?
OnResize() works fine when the window isn't docked.
The current method of detecting a resize uses the Windows size/move loop to tell when the user begins and finishes a resizing operation. I wonder if for Windows 7 we need to catch something different, or if an easier workaround for that is to just keep track of whenever an unexpected resize comes in, and fire off the command a tick after the last such detected resize.
As a workaround, a browser element that is fit to the window's size will catch an onResize() when docking.
Are you sure about that Hiro? I know JavaScript should catch a sizing event, but as for the actual skin element using its on-size parameter, I suspect this isn't the case. If the window doesn't catch it, the child shouldn't either.
Right, forgot to mention that that was JavaScript's onResize(). Yeah JS will catch it last I checked. If not, a simple loop in JS that checks the size would be sufficient without taking almost any resources.
I've been looking into this but I have yet to find any info on what process Windows 7 uses to control its docked window resizing.