ID:114023

Resolved
Width() and Height() didn't return correct values in response to certain icon operations.
BYOND Version:484
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 4.0.1
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Seems like a change after a bug reported earlier affected the Width/Height procedures after a Scale was performed. Not sure if it was intended in the first place, but it appears to have caused the Width/Height to read the original icon file's Width/Height instead of the scaled Width/Height.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Create a procedure of any sort
2. Create a new icon object (transparent icon state will do).
3. Use the Scale procedure.
4. Try outputting the new icon object's Height or/and Height to the world. It only outputs the original Width/Height now.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob
verb
Test()
var/icon/I = new('Special.dmi')
I.Scale(64,64) // Assuming 'Special.dmi' had a different icon size before
world << I.Width()
world << I.Height()

Expected Results:
Returns the scaled width/height.
Actual Results:
Returns the original width/height.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? If they use it, yes.
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? N/A

When does the problem NOT occur? When loading a project or compiling it in 483 or earlier.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) Problem did not occur in 483 or earlier. Try loading the demo from the "SByIo Library" under 483 or earlier and then load it under 484.

Workarounds:
Very dependent on what you do. Could store the width or/and height you're about to change into separate variables. Another option is to use 483 or earlier (until about 455).