ID:114056

Gnomeheim, my GSD entry, is being discontinued. But don't worry Iain. It's for a good reason, and the end result will still be similar but a lot better.

Gnomeheim is a great project but I don't feel I'm going about it the right way. For one, I feel Im copying too much from DF with my presentation. Also, the game lacks a lot of detail and purpose. It feels a lot more like a mini-game you would play during a lunch break. Which there is nothing wrong with mini-games, but I don't want to create a mini-game. My aim is something a little more complex.

So, I'm asking for any and all suggestions. If you're a creative type person and you wanted to make an adventure or a dungeon, what types of things would you want? Any ideas for items, monsters, events, objects, traps, anything you can think of. You can be concise or detailed, and don't hold back. I want a huge to-do list for this game as I plan to spend months working on it before I release it. I could make a list myself, but I know I wouldn't be able to come up with the same amount of ideas as I would with the help of the community.

Thanks. ( and I'm going to sleep right now so I won't be able to respond to any comments )
Lmao. Wow. Whatever then :[
um i will help get you started

-complex dungeons with puzzles and side quest in them also hidden items giving players a reason to return to said dungeon

-Attack system a well made attack system can make all the differences don't do that stand there and do nothing while you watch the damage numbers fly by add a little detail ex combos and strategy

-Quest make quest not so boring add something to them beside go get this item from that npc then bring it back here even tho most games have this don't let that be a every time thing on the small quest add something like -Go to the wild kill the red slim retrieve the heart of the slim take it to the witch Lena she will make it into some potion for my sick son but to get to here you will need to rid the bridge of any trolls- something like that

just some idea to get you started

Dungeon, the game is a sandbox game. Quests won't come with the game, they will come from the playerbase.

I'm looking for suggestions like:

"I want to be able to build a trap on the ground that open and closes every five seconds."

or

"I want a turret object that shoot lasers at the players."
o im sorry Well inj that case i want to see

add meteor traps if you step on a floor/ground trigger and it will drop a meteor on your shit
You should at least make the latest version accessible through download. It was a fun game to play when I had a break.
Calus CoRPS wrote:
You should at least make the latest version accessible through download. It was a fun game to play when I had a break.

Will do. Also, I'll add that build mode whenever I need a break from this new project.
DungeonDan wrote:
o im sorry Well inj that case i want to see

add meteor traps if you step on a floor/ground trigger and it will drop a meteor on your shit

Haha, sounds a little over the top but I'll add it anyway. I also might include a little "suggested by DungeonDan" or whoever gave me the idea next to the items/objects on the Wiki ( once that time comes around ).
Please page me, or write me a quick email. I'd page you, but I can't find the web pager.